Wanted Locked 40th Anniversary / Collectors Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know they're rare, but I've wanted a 97 40th Anniversary, OR Collectors Edition with lockers for the last 10 years, and I may now have the means. If anyone spots one, please post here or PM me. I've got cash and possible trades ready to go. Thanks!

Last edited:
Unlocked Cleaner truck with lower miles+aftermarket lockers > Locked Truck w/ more miles and rougher around the edges.

Factory lockers are great dont get me wrong but you can get a good aftermarket locker that is a bit more reliable for really not that much money if you are really stuck on having lockers. Factory lockers (including the actuators) would be as old as the truck so they could be closer to some kind of failure as well.

What is your plan for the truck? serious offroading or do you want a clean factory locked 80 for the uniqueness of it?

Unlocked Cleaner truck with lower miles+aftermarket lockers > Locked Truck w/ more miles and rougher around the edges.

Factory lockers are great dont get me wrong but you can get a good aftermarket locker that is a bit more reliable for really not that much money if you are really stuck on having lockers. Factory lockers (including the actuators) would be as old as the truck so they could be closer to some kind of failure as well.

What is your plan for the truck? serious offroading or do you want a clean factory locked 80 for the uniqueness of it?
A little bit of both. Definitely for the uniqueness and collectability factors (I'm weird like that - don't like having anything "run of the mill" per se) But it will also be my camp/wheeling rig with tasteful upgrades and mods - a weekend warrior only. I am major OCD about keeping my stuff nice, and maintained at all costs, so when I say wheeling, it would be well within close to stock capability -definitely no rock crawling or bashing. I really like the idea of having the lockers for the fact that they're there, and any "uh oh" moments that might otherwise have me stuck or break something that wouldn't have if I had them. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Still looking!

Quick question for the audience though, just for fun.

Hypothetically, if I found a 97 40th with around 150k, lets say 2 or 3 owners, in all around exceptional, stock condition, but it didn't have factory lockers, what sort of price should I expect?

I ask because I'm trying to gauge if holding out for one with factory lockers, over adding after market lockers, is worth the wait and patience if a non-locked showed up at a good price.
For a 2 owner 97 exceptional stock 80 series with 150K can fetch around 18K give or take. Do not pass up a very clean one based on not having lockers. Harrop e lockers are better and can be wired to a factory dial switch as I did on my truck. I wouldn't get too hung up on the whole anniversary edition stuff either...it's no big deal. I'd be looking for the cleanest, lowest mileage 93-97...period

I know they're rare, but I've wanted a 97 40th Anniversary, OR Collectors Edition with lockers for the last 10 years, and I may now have the means. If anyone spots one, please post here or PM me. I've got cash and possible trades ready to go. Thanks!
I have a 97 40th that i might be selling

Just bought the 1996 u can see on my photo last week. It has 150k. Truck was a two owner...The second owner was one of the owner of the scottcrump dealership in Alabama. Very well maintainer truck... It was not a Lockers truck.. but the truck was the cleanest I have ever seen... Absolutely no rush, immaculate maintenance records, perfect paint. I couldn't ask for anything else.. Even tho I was looking for lockers... I scooped this one up because I knew I wouldn't find another... I paid 16k... Not very cheap but worth it to me.. Just as ewillis stated above... look for the cleanest u can find..

check it out..

IMG_0456.JPG

Elsie, not to be harsh, but once you find one, you gotta be willing to throw down a deposit and fly to go get it. No hesitation. No inspection.
I guarantee you Mr Chris Nolan above has gotten at least 4-5 PMs with people wanting his 40th just like you. Some people possibly/probably willing to pay more than you.

Nobody here is going to offer up their 40th for pennies. When you find a clean one, just go buy it.

Oh and here ya go...Bring your wallet. Best of luck

Rare 1997 40th Anniversary Land Cruiser Triple Locked Only 152k Miles!

I'd willing to discuss selling mine. I'm in SE PA. I've owned it 3 years - all original. Was just inspected. See photo.

Toyed with selling ours so I can help fund my LS swap in a 40. Details are 97-40th with around 185k, 2.5 OME, ARB bumper and set of BFG's AT, In pretty good shape other usual drivers seat wear. PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom