For Sale Nashville, TN. 1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary triple-locked. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(152, 142, 142)
Afternoon all. This pains me to be posting but it's time to sell my 80 series. I've had it for 2 years and have been fixing the few things that were wrong with it when I bought it from another forum member. However, age & reality have set in so I'm judging interest here first.

Please don't bust my hump with comments because I'm just trying to simplify my life & want this to go to a good home where it will be appreciated.

It's got 333K on the clock. Rust free except for the one typical spot on the liftgate although this is in discussion with a reputable body shop to fix along with freshening up the hood where it's a bit faded.

The truck lived in Atlanta until 2019 & then in Chattanooga until it came here to Nashville. All to say that it's rust-free underneath. From what I can tell looking at the undercarriage, it's never been off-road to speak of. I just installed a new RCV front axle, birds, etc. including new pads & rotors, spindles, etc. Basically, the front axle is brand new. Rebuilt the rear parking brake & new axle inner and outer oil seals. The parking brake is nice & tight now. It's wearing LT305/70R16 KO2s with no rubbing on factory wheels. New Ironman 4x4 steering damper.

Tons on engine work done by PO that I can provide on request. Am ordering a blue hub fan clutch from LandTank unless someone wants this as-is. Not a lot of play in the current fan clutch but I think it needs it. No overheating issues while I've had it though.

The useless cup holder has been replaced with Joey's ram mount insert. I've also done the 7-pin mod & swapped the security light position for a CDL switch. The center diff is still not locking up so I'll be dropping the case to look at the actuator unless someone wants to do this themselves & we'll discuss the deduct for that not working. That was a known issue when i got the truck. All transfer case & rear diff switches are new.

I have new drivers & passenger door window runs that i need to install to try and help the struggling window motors in cold weather, they're still operational, just slow. All 4 doors belt molding replaced & have weatherstripping left to replace on passenger front door.

No cracks in dash at all.

The PO had the ABS removed because it was causing issues. I've had the pump rebuilt by a recommended individual here on the forum but i have not yet re-installed it.

I know that I'm not going to get what we put into it since the market has cooled slightly since 2021 and I don't want to be bothered (yet) to do the work necessary to post it on BaT.
I have about $18K in it right now but am open to discussing more reasonable deals at current market pricing.

This is the first place I'm posting this so I'm at day one.
I really appreciate all you guys.
Cheers

20240217_133226.jpg

20240217_133247.jpg

20240217_133308.jpg

20240217_133327.jpg

20240217_133347.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom