LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the Jag yours?

Negative ghost rider. I’ve got a lemon Subaru Outback tho

Forgot the worst shots of the old tailpipe....tee’d a joke up nicely for @JohnVee with that sentence

Luckily the exhaust was the only questionable work done to the truck by the previous owner
467F521C-E0B0-453D-9483-BF39E64BE46C.jpeg
AB0A9B04-6A2A-4460-9893-B6DEB7078BEC.jpeg

I'll have a new part arriving next week. I'm going to need help welding/installing it at some point. Anyone in the NoVA area got a lead on a shop that can do some welding?
3ECB91D5-328F-44D7-9DF0-9AD31B2F6569.jpeg

Wish they made a kit for the 60s

This is the one that is on my truck. It is heavy, but it is solid.

Any know a shop that can do a new fitting on a high pressure air conditioning line?

Google gives me a lot of hydraulic line shops or hvac shop results. Can they do it?

Any know a shop that can do a new fitting on a high pressure air conditioning line?

Google gives me a lot of hydraulic line shops or hvac shop results. Can they do it?
Which one? I may have the line since I pulled an AC from a parts 62.

Which one? I may have the line since I pulled an AC from a parts 62.

Hi pressure line that runs from compressor through the fire wall. It’s the thicker one in the pic with the white casing. 17mm fitting on fire wall side and the compressor inlet fitting on the other. It’s about 5 ft long. I can get a better pic if that helps.
125F037A-28D0-4A9F-87B0-A07B7A4F9EF1.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi pressure line that runs from compressor through the fire wall. It’s the thicker one in the pic with the white casing. 17mm fitting on fire wall side and the compressor inlet fitting on the other. It’s about 5 ft long. I can get a better pic if that helps.
View attachment 1980929
That'll work. I'll check for it.

Does anyone have or know a place that has a Techstream?

I'll have a new part arriving next week. I'm going to need help welding/installing it at some point. Anyone in the NoVA area got a lead on a shop that can do some welding?
View attachment 1971923
That looks like will be quite a bit of fab work. I might be willing to take it on, but I would likely charge something considering the cost of materials and time to put something like that together.

That looks like will be quite a bit of fab work. I might be willing to take it on, but I would likely charge something considering the cost of materials and time to put something like that together.
It's definitely quite a bit of welding. This is one of the Summit Cruisers kits (link below). One happened to be for sale in Dallas the week before my brother drove up here from Dallas. The stars aligned and I got it for about $150 less than the original price.

I'm definitely willing to provide compensation for time, materials, and booze.

Anyone know a solid Subaru mechanic? Found a Legacy GT I might trade my daily in for... but want to make sure I don't over look anything

There is a good one in Arlington. I will ask my coworker, who is a Subaru guy and takes his cars there. He said they are the best he’s found around here.

There is a good one in Arlington. I will ask my coworker, who is a Subaru guy and takes his cars there. He said they are the best he’s found around here.

Sweet! I'm going to check out the GT Thursday morning before I have to head to work, so if you get the info before then awesome.

Sweet! I'm going to check out the GT Thursday morning before I have to head to work, so if you get the info before then awesome.

It’s probably Japanese Auto Care in Ballston. That’s who I’ve been using. If not, I’m down to try a new place. There are a few shops with very similar names so make sure you’ve definitely got the right one (example Japanese Auto Clinic and Japanese Auto Services are also in Arlington).

On that note, pretty sure our ‘07 Outback is a lemon. Bright side, now looking at 80 and 100 series to replace it.

Maybe this goes here. Conicelli Toyota outside Philly has 10% off their online prices through June 21st.
SUMMER10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom