list what after market muffler and cat u have (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
what after market muffler and cat do you have?
where did you get it and how much was it?
are you happy with it?
any gains with it?
pros cons to the set up

Can't believe no one responding yet. I am interested in replys as well. I have an unknown Dynomax in place of the muffler. Resonates at 2000rpms and I am thinking of replacing with a Magnaflow or Flowmaster 50. Don't want too loud.

I just know I have a Flowmaster with everything else stock. I was told to have a 40 series but not completely sure. But it's pretty loud and sounds smooth....

Mot,

Really nice links, but it would help if it's in english instead of japanese. :eek:

-J

stock cat, flowmaster muffler (50 I think)....

91 w/ 3FE

Universal high flow cat, gibson muffler part # GIB 788200. Muffler is too loud for me. Will switch to the next lower flow.
Sean

Bought the truck with a complete Borla 2.5" system on it. Didn't like it, it had a pretty loud drone at freeway speeds. Like, loud enough that on a road trip you could still hear it for awhile in your head after you'd stopped.

Muffler went out, replaced with a Magnaflow (couldn't use the Borla warranty without receipts, thanks PO!). It was $150 installed. Much quieter, but still has a little bit of a beefy tone to it.

And then, just for kicks, the cat went out, so I replaced it with one from Summit Racing, just a 2.5" universal that's OBD compliant. It was $60 and $40 for install. Now, with that combo, it's got good tone and seems to have more pep (may just be that it doesn't have to force the exhaust through a half blocked cat) .

Droanmaster (flowmaster) has a tendency to "droan" around 2,000 rpm. I have a 50 series Delta flowmaster in another SUV and it too has that annoying "droan" around 2,000 rpm. But these muffler are very stout and is hard to smash on rocks!

Ali

What happened to that Borla muffler? They are stainless! I put on a Borla a little while back and some noticed that I have a resonator on it. Seemed like something new. Does yours? Will admit the Borla is louder than I'd like but that seems like what everyone wants.

so what exactly does the resonator do? why are they there and whats keeping most of you guys from cutting them off?

Ive got a 50 series delta flow flowmaster and a stock cat with no insides... ;) The muff is def. louder then stock, but its not hediously annoying. I can vouch for the droan master though. I think part of my problem is the fact that I have no gasket after the cats. Flange gasket is the name I beleve. (cdan... help....) but as far as performance goes, hardly anything off the line, but highway and 1/4 mile type stuff is improved.

-Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom