Builds Link, the Cruiser, 2016, 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First of all - Thank you to everyone on this thread for being a wealth of knowledge. And for sharing.

While this is my first post I've been here many times before as an observer.

The information and imagery I found on this thread over the last 3 years has helped me choose how I wanted to build my 200 - probably more than anything, or anyone else. So thanks for that.

If I can be of help to anyone please let me know.

A few things about me:
I'm a full time photographer so like it or not, you're getting glam shots.
I have spent a great deal of time in Iceland driving and working with Arctic Trucks
My wrench abilities start at plastidip and ends somewhere just beyond oil changes.
Yes that is a stroller on the roof.

A few things about my truck:
Ironman Stage 3, which means: 2'' FCP performance coils and shocks, Forged UCAs, Ironman upper and lower trailing arms, Ironman panhard bar.
Ironman No hoop Premium bumper
Ironman monster winch. the big one
stock wheels, 285/65/18 ko2 with 1.25'' spydertrax spacers in the front only
Packasport system 115 Roof box (aka Trailblazer?)
1up bike racks

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but there we go.

Jordan Rosen Photography-0226.jpg

Jordan Rosen Photography-0713.jpg

Jordan Rosen Photography-2342.jpg

Jordan Rosen Photography-2423.jpg

Jordan Rosen Photography-2800.jpg

Awesome. Are you the supermodel on the Ironman site?

just took delivery of my stage 3 FCP.

How you like them?
I’m also interested in all of IM accessories like recovery and electrical.
They seem to be a good price point...
wish they had more exposure and reviews of them.

It me.

As they say.

Re ironman - Without being a complete douche, I had options when building my truck. A few brands wanted to be involved. I chose Ironman over options (often viewed as more premium) because of their Foam Cell technology. I had driven other foam cell vehicles and felt it was the right option for my 200. Also, I was amped on the no hoop, *steel* ,bumper.

I have since been impressed by everything they make, other than the powder coating on their springs.

My friends in australia helped push me over the edge with Ironman assuring me that the beatings they, and Australians at large, have put on IM components over the years are irresponsible and egregious. In ways that only ozzies can.

Mods coming in the next 8 weeks are:

Gobi ladder
17'' Icon Vector 5's in black
Fresh k02's in either 285/70/17 or 285/75/17 .... can't decide.

I don’t like the color of the springs. Before I install would you recoat or strip and paint

I don’t like the color of the springs. Before I install would you recoat or strip and paint
Completely up to you.

It's hard to imagine any paint could hold up under there though.

Seems like a brutal place for paint to live.

I hadn't seen painted springs before this, and I'm happy letting mine go back to nature.

Surface rust is the only color offered in most countries and seems to work well for them haha

Can I ask why you only opted for spacers on the front? Does it affect the ride at all? Btw truck looks great and so do the shots 👍

Can I ask why you only opted for spacers on the front? Does it affect the ride at all? Btw truck looks great and so do the shots 👍
Hey man - thanks for the kudos!

>> I added the spacers in the front to eliminate the rub I had on the KDSS arm with the stock wheels and 285/65/18's. I also felt like the height of the lift increased the inboard look of the front wheels. (Less so on the rear.)

From a balance/vibration as well as a tire wear standpoint I didn't see one issue over the 35K miles I ran them for. Nor did I have to retorque the spydertrax 1.25in spacers (although I did test them with each rotation. Go threadlocker!)

It seems not everyone experiences rub with the stock wheels and 285/65's - but with my lift combo I did.

A few extra notes:

(At the time I put the spacers on, I had SPC UCA's. I now have Ironman forged ones.) This could have made a difference.

My SPC UCA's came loose once - although I do not know what to attribute that to.

The decision not to add spacers to the rear was mostly just an experiment.

With these Vector 5's (in 25mm offset), I am no longer running a spacer, and have no rub other than on the mud flaps, which I removed and will heat mold/ trim, and reinstall, per the help I've gotten on this forum.

Per the extensive (and helpful) discussions I read here on MUD about fitting 285/75/17's, I decided to go with 70's. (I live in a city and need absolutely zero rub @ full lock).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom