Line Locker users, are you happy with them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to convert to rear Monte calipers and am wondering if any of you line locker users are happy with them as solely a way to hold your rig in place. I searched and read Woody's comments but wondering if anyone else is utilizing them? Any other good methodologies for e-brake while utilizing this setup?

I've had dual electric line locks for a few years now, and couldn't be happier. You don't want to rely solely on them while parked overnight on the side of a mountain, but for shorter periods of time, they're just fine. They're also on separate electrical circuits.

I have manual ones and I have no complaints, when locked it aids in theft prevention as an unmarked knob on the dash that makes it harder to move.

thanks, good sources for either type of these lockers?

I got my electric line lock from Summit Racing for about $70. I have it connected to a momentary switch mounted on my shifter so I can activate it with a finger while I have my hand on the shift knob. Great for rock crawling.

line lock, iv heard of it before but what is it or what does it do?

It's a sorta parking brake, you set the brake with the pedal and the line lock holds em there. They are NOT an emergency brake subsitute.

o i see thanks!

Mine is a manaul "JAYMAR" line loc. I think I got it from JCWhitney-about $25

I have a manual Mico Line Lock and I love it. I can use it on the trail as a "holding myself in one spot brake" which is great. I still have rear drums on the 40 but they work well enough to hold the truck still where ever you are but you can still drive through it if you need to.

I've got them on a couple trucks and forklifts, haven't gotten around to putting one on the 40 - will for sure this winter.

Only potential drawback is club run tech inspection and TLCA rules - still need a parking/emergency brake setup.

Pork barrel engineering sells line locs .I found that the summit ones or other types used for drag type applications aren't as good as far as holding time . The ones I have in my truck have lasted for 6 days , not entirely killing the battery . They might last longer ?

haystax said:
Only potential drawback is club run tech inspection and TLCA rules - still need a parking/emergency brake setup.

TLCA allows them and I dont wheel with anyone else that will kick me off the trail for not having a "E-Brake" so it works great for what I do.

71-CRUISER said:
TLCA allows them and I dont wheel with anyone else that will kick me off the trail for not having a "E-Brake" so it works great for what I do.

Same here, just wanted to toss that out as a disclaimer -

A rubber wheel chock on a rope has worked great for my long term parking brake :D Most of the guys that I wheel with are just happy if they have brakes on half the wheels on their rig :eek:

I have one too and I love it especially for wheeling. It has been my only ebrake but I am going to a real mechanical ebrake and then will use the line lock with an electrical switch for wheeling only... I do not trust it 100% because they do fail however...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom