life expectancy of a 1992 80 series??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have seen 60s on the trail, and I have seen 80s on the trail - enough said

I have seen many 3-fe's go into the high 300's some even 400. They are a blast to work on and there is a lot of support out there! Just know that if it has 291,000 miles it wasn't a lemon, and eventually something will need fixed :wrench: check it out try the ac, make sure the diff lock works well and no grinding when shifting from Hi to Low. idle is a big one it should idle around 650 rpm's And look around there are many out there with low miles, i just bought mine with 150,000 for 4,300. Big cities are the best because a lot of people have treated them very well and may have really never taken it off the pavement. Look underneath it, check the axles, exhaust, and look at the jack on the inside and make sure the seal around the gas tank hasn't gone bad and unnoticed (RUST) just know patients is key!!! When you do get one LOVE it and LIVE it. :steer:

Good topic it is good to see so many of them out there with a lot of miles!!! I'm glad it picked mine up when i did, better late then never!:beer:

My 91 has 298k and I was told the motor was replaced at 200k I picked it up for $1,700....

I'd say more like $2,000. :meh:

x2

You can pick up a much newer one with less miles for $4000.
Biggest rule with buying a Land Cruiser is to be patient, don't buy a truck you really don't love. But if you find what you want, run with cash in hand.

I've had 40's, 60's and a 62. If it's going to be a family vehicle the 80 is the hands down winner. If you plan to drive on the interstate system it is beyond equal among those trucks. I wish I hadn't sold my last 60, but only because it would be worth $7,000 more now than what I sold it for in 2000.

Price doesn't seem too bad with the modifications. But as always try to talk him down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom