This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll buy it and do Rosie 2.0 @Cruisers and Co and @Fj80oregon!

Just kidding...I don't think I can afford two...

But I would consider buying it if you go that route!

Yeah, it took me a while to find someone willing to do the head gasket on my 94.

Halverson in Provo ultimately did it, and they might regret it? I fully understand why shops are wary particularly if they have limited space. Halverson had my rig for about 6 weeks and it was like peeling an onion. Every layer caused a little more crying.

Ultimately it's running fantastic. But a lot of money was spent.

The short answer is that typically there are things on an old truck that were hanging on by a thread but working perfectly to all external observations, that WILL end up needing repaired or replaced just from being disturbed in the process of doing the work you knew you needed to do.

And lots of customers will get pissed off when their estimate goes up by over $1k because the plastic parts in the engine timing disintegrated, for example. But i hear this is mostly an issue with 93 and early 94.

If i had somewhere to work on engines, i might have tried to do most of it myself, though the biggest engine I've done major work on was a vw 2.0 NA.

I'd get it fixed and then decide if you want to keep or sell. The market for a non running cruiser is much smaller than for one that does.

My guess is that once its back in action you'll be happy to drive it and the 4 runner will be sold... Pretty cool you are the original owner!
Thanks, I was wondering about this. Some of the estimated prices for a 97 with lockers are around 25K, so I would hate to toss it aside for 2500. Or, cheap enough fix, maybe even find a place to stash it for a rainy day

304K here. Never been better.

Wouldn't sell it for a penny less than $60K today.

View attachment 3547836
$60K?
I have just over 100K miles on mine and would get rid of it for way less than that. 😊

IMG_8457.jpg

Uh I'm a SHM fan
Love that! Me too, hard not to like him. He’s awesome.

You can see my support in my sig. Tough sledding these days.

Love that! Me too, hard not to like him. He’s awesome.

You can see my support in my sig. Tough sledding these days.
Sigs are turned off for me. Ups and downs is why we love sports just like our old arse trucks.

I would too lol
Better plan on getting buried with your truck. Sounds like you'll be left holding the bag. :p

Psssst,... (*you know you wanna...)
25710.jpeg

Thanks, I was wondering about this. Some of the estimated prices for a 97 with lockers are around 25K, so I would hate to toss it aside for 2500. Or, cheap enough fix, maybe even find a place to stash it for a rainy day
Don’t be fooled by some that are still hanging onto Covid pricing !!
Just saying 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom