LHD 4 door long base 7x Series variants (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

Please excuse the newbie questions as i'm new to this community :rolleyes:.

Does a LHD 77 series exist?

I like the front end of the earlier 70 series but the only LHD 4 door variants I've been able to find are the KZJ77 that have a different front end.
I've read about people swapping the front ends, but i'd prefer a stock option. Maybe i'm chasing something that doesn't exist? :meh:

Any help would be appreciated!

Its been asked a few times. As far as we know, The HZJ77 was a JDM model only and they are all RHD

You have three choices:
- embrace RHD
- nose swap a Prado
- LHD convert a 77

Okay, 4. I’ve heard rumor a few 77 were LHD swapped, never seen one but if they exist, you could buy it.

There are lots of good reasons for or against the above options.

Or do the the 3rd door conversion to a troopy:cool:

I would love to convert a 77 to LHD. Heck, let’s coil spring the front end at the same time! :)

IMHO, the 77 is pretty hard to beat.

Got two spots open for builds in the shop and a screaming deal on labor until the spots are filled. ;)

Cheers

Hey everyone,

I like the front end of the earlier 70 series but the only LHD 4 door variants I've been able to find are the KZJ77 that have a different front end.
I've read about people swapping the front ends, but i'd prefer a stock option. Maybe i'm chasing something that doesn't exist? :meh:

Are you fundamentally opposed to RHD or is it a legal issue in some regions of Canada?

You can also wait a few more years on the lhd HZJ76 since you are in Canada , they are not easy to find used so I would start the search early enough and pay some storage fees wherever you find the right one.

You can also wait a few more years on the lhd HZJ76 since you are in Canada , they are not easy to find used so I would start the search early enough and pay some storage fees wherever you find the right one.

Hello,

x2.

The Middle East and South America also got the FZJ76, a gasser LHD, between 2007 and 2010. Early models should be eligible for import to Canada around 2022.

Juan

You have three choices:
- embrace RHD
- nose swap a Prado
- LHD convert a 77

Okay, 4. I’ve heard rumor a few 77 were LHD swapped, never seen one but if they exist, you could buy it.

There are lots of good reasons for or against the above options.

Agree'd looks like the nose swap or a conversion is my only option.

Are you fundamentally opposed to RHD or is it a legal issue in some regions of Canada?

In Ontario it's difficult to get a RHD car insured and the premiums are high. I was quoted around 3500/yr where LHD came in around 1k. After a few years the premiums really start to add up, hence my dilema.

Good plan for the 2nd cruiser i'd eventually own, but i have a feeling i'll be finding one before then ;)

Good plan for the 2nd cruiser i'd eventually own, but i have a feeling i'll be finding one before then ;)

i hadn’t thought of the point Joe made on waiting on an early model 76. That might be the most practical solution

In Ontario it's difficult to get a RHD car insured and the premiums are high. I was quoted around 3500/yr where LHD came in around 1k. After a few years the premiums really start to add up, hence my dilema.

Also take into consideration all the labor costs, donor costs, and any other unexpected costs to complete the LHD conversion vs. insurance costs. It all boils down to how long you will keep the vehicle I suppose.

Personally I would drive something else that is currently importable and LHD already until you can legally import the LHD 76.

I saw a fairly new 76 yesterday in Riyadh with UAE plates. 3 or 4 young guys were in it and were quite pleased when the old man in the 200 series gave them a big thumbs up. I was on the freeway so too difficult to snap a photo but pretty much just like this one except it was tan: Toyota Land Cruiser 76 Standard

I don't see them on the Toyota UAE website for sale new and I'm not sure how old it was but it looked like it could have just rolled off the showroom floor. I have seen them in KSA but they are pretty rare here.

This must be the fancy version. (photo borrowed from the interweb)

image.jpeg

Hey everyone,

..... No affiliation .....

I have spoken to that seller at length. I can't comment on his work, never seen it but he seems like a super legit guy who has a lot of knowledge. Die hard Cruiserhead as well.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom