Lexus LX470 Landcruiser suspension swap--- great results (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my LX470 back after the LandCruiser suspension conversion--what a difference it makes, highly recommended. I have ZERO regrets about swapping out the AHC--it rides like a new vehicle. I need to thank SLEE for putting the parts together at a reasonable price and for taking the call from my mechanic who wanted to make sure everything was done correct. SLEE took the time to walk him through a few things, so thank you. Also, thank you to the guys on this board, your feedback was invaluable. Thank you all.

Does it feel better than a perfectly functioning AHC? I am considering the swap out also.

Does it feel better than a perfectly functioning AHC? I am considering the swap out also.
Absolutely. But, i VERY rarely go offroad, not sure if there is a trade off.

Last edited:
I sourced the Springs, Torsion Bars and shocks from SLEE and also bought a sway bar bushing kit which came with all new hardware. So I have a new suspension...and it feels like it.

I sourced the Springs, Torsion Bars and shocks from SLEE and also bought a sway bar bushing kit which came with all new hardware. So I have a new suspension...and it feels like it.
Doesn't the LX have a thinner swaybar than a LC? Maybe with the thinner LX swaybar you'll have more flex in the rear compared to a stock LC :)

Absolutely. But, i VERY rarely go offroad, not sure if there is a trade off.

are you sure your AHC was perfectly functioning prior to the swap?

Most reports I've heard is that the coils and shocks are much simpler, but don't ride nearly as nicely as the AHC.

I like to think my AHC is in good working order, but globes are original. It rides a lot nicer on the road than toyotas with traditional setups.

Most reports I've heard is that the coils and shocks are much simpler, but don't ride nearly as nicely as the AHC.

I like to think my AHC is in good working order, but globes are original. It rides a lot nicer on the road than toyotas with traditional setups.
That's my hesitation to swap out the AHC on both of mine, I've yet seen anything ride as nice as a well-kept AHC suspension. I don't see how going from AHC to standard suspension improves ride quality, all things being equal.

That's my hesitation to swap out the AHC on both of mine, I've yet seen anything ride as nice as a well-kept AHC suspension. I don't see how going from AHC to standard suspension improves ride quality, all things being equal.
My AHC was bad when I bought my LX. I replaced the 4 globes, rear springs and added a 30mm spacer since @PADDO recommends it and rode on that with street tires for about half a year and it rode awesome. It makes a big difference if the AHC pressures are in spec. Of course upgrading to 32" E tires hardened up the ride. Later I sold the the 32" tires and replaced then with 33" C rated tires and it rides good again, not stock good but good (I'm usually on the AHC 3rd click setting). I'm generally not a soft ride person (all of my prior cars were all lowered with sport struts/sway bars and my 4Runner prior to my LX was on Donahoe/Icon Stage 2 with D rated tires. Some here have replaced the AHC shock bushings, I could only imagine that would make the AHC ride even better. But you can't get more reliable than a standard suspension.

AHC can only do so much for ride comfort if all of the connecting squishy bits need replacement too.

Doesn't the LX have a thinner swaybar than a LC? Maybe with the thinner LX swaybar you'll have more flex in the rear compared to a stock LC :)

I really have no idea. It was fine, a litle stiff but then the leak drained the rear and i had decided that if I had a problem, id switch over to LandCruiser.... To me, the suspension is much better now.,...solid, plentey of travell...etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom