Lexus LX 600? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota, if you’re reading this. I hate you.

Different wheels and tires and locking diffs isn’t going to fix the elephant the room which is that low hanging front grill which will prevent it from doing anything remotely fun off-road

Different wheels and tires and locking diffs isn’t going to fix the elephant the room which is that low hanging front grill which will prevent it from doing anything remotely fun off-road
I'd guess with enough motivation, aftermarket would find a way to fix that.

I'd guess with enough motivation, aftermarket would find a way to fix that.
It took the aftermarket many years on the 200 series LX variant..

It took the aftermarket many years on the 200 series LX variant.

That would be fine, it would take many years before I would want to buy one of these, but it would be nice to have more options than a 200 series or regular LX, both of which I'd have to add lockers to, when I'm ready to upgrade.

That would be fine, it would take many years before I would want to buy one of these, but it would be nice to have more options than a 200 series or regular LX, both of which I'd have to add lockers to, when I'm ready to upgrade.
6:02 in the following video shows heat exchangers under the headlights, likely for the intercooler as is done in the X5/6 M5/6, touareg/cayenne/macaan, and a bunch of cars these days. These will pose a problem for any aftermarket bumpers.

6:02 in the following video shows heat exchangers under the headlights, likely for the intercooler as is done in the X5/6 M5/6, touareg/cayenne/macaan, and a bunch of cars these days. These will pose a problem for any aftermarket bumpers.

It might or might not. Here's a pic of the gasoline TT V6 LC300 without front bumpers.
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 17.22.54.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 17.23.13.png
I have seen a LC300 on instagram with custom front bumper. It however looks to be the 1GR V6 version (identifiable by having the front side vents fully blocked).
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 17.26.32.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 17.26.43.png
And just for fun a GR LC with BFG 17's
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 17.25.02.png

It might or might not. Here's a pic of the gasoline TT V6 LC300 without front bumpers.
View attachment 2815249View attachment 2815250I have seen a LC300 on instagram with custom front bumper. It however looks to be the 1GR V6 version (identifiable by having the front side vents fully blocked).
View attachment 2815251View attachment 2815252And just for fun a GR LC with BFG 17's
View attachment 2815253
I would say that bumper drastically cuts down on airflow through the heat exchangers but I’m not sure where it comes from with the stock bumper.. the side grilles are blocked off too.

Given the 200 market, there was the LC/LX, and the LX modification parts (USA) came so late, I wonder for the 300 (LX only) - if we will have more after market parts sooner, since 300 LC owners will buy the LX only version stateside.

Given the 200 market, there was the LC/LX, and the LX modification parts (USA) came so late, I wonder for the 300 (LX only) - if we will have more after market parts sooner, since 300 LC owners will buy the LX only version stateside.

I think it'll be a niche market for a long time.
I suspect the Tundra aftermarket scene is going to grow significantly.

I think the best hope will be Dissent or Slee getting a truck and building something.

CBI has shown it can’t deliver what they promise.

It is taking 2x the amount of time to get anything built.

I have clients that have been waiting on GX bumpers since May from them.

Live and in person, Houston Auto Show
CE806A09-36A6-498E-9D45-4CA56F03A51F.jpeg

Also, was the sequoia open for sitting as well? I see in the YouTube vids it’s there as well. At least the Platinum with the TRD off road package
I read the sequoia was roped off and windows blacked out. I was not there

Were you able to sit in ? Impressions ?
Yep, it was open and available to sit in, poke, and prod a bit. Sorry for the delay... Back now at a proper keyboard and not distracted by other people... Car shows are a tough environment to make a clear-headed assessment, especially on busy days. So, my goal was just check it out at a high level and figure out whether (and how soon?) I might go take a harder look at my Lexus dealer. I'll be in no rush, but I will check it out during the next service trip for our GX. Not saying I'm sold, but worth a harder look. The product guy I spoke with said they might have them on the lots here in "maybe 6-8 weeks."

This was the LX Ultra Luxury version 4 seater.... so it is very nice and super fancy.
Exterior: Similar physical size to the current LX and late model LCs - familiar yet different, updated. This particular one won't be an off-roader. 22" wheels look huge (compared to my 18's on the LC). Back hatch is very plain, flat, understated. Front grill is ... well... you've seen it.
Interior: Very well appointed, comfortable seats, very soft diamond-stitched leather - did I say it was very soft? Seemed like a slightly smaller steering wheel, controls and buttons all very recognizable, familiar and within reach. Start/stop is high instead of being hidden behind the wheel. Infotainment wasn't on, so hard to get a feel, but modern look and still many of the familiar knobs in places you expect them to be in a more symmetrical look. Front console has the cool-box. Cupholders... check.
Backseats were captains chairs (would like these combined with a 3rd row maybe?). This Ultra Lux has a large back center console with touchscreens for all sorts of storage, controls, one Qi and a few wired chargers, and video screens on the headrests. We didn't fiddle much there. 4-seater = no third row on this model. Plenty of space in the cargo area. Would like to see one in a base next time for "real life" use.
Overall, great looking vehicle and it stays on the wish list. Family all approved too.

oh - got this as a my "souvenir" in my email inbox. Pictures in here are accurate.
https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/lexus/documents/brochures/models/2022/MY22-Lexus-LX-Brochure.pdf

See ya out there. there was at least one other LC family there today. Spotted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom