Lexus LX 600? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No 300's or LX570's will be manufactured this month due to parts shortages.

That said, the LX570 will continue production for a few more months (at least based on the production planning models I have seen).
But no changes to the infotainment ?

No 300's or LX570's will be manufactured this month due to parts shortages.

That said, the LX570 will continue production for a few more months (at least based on the production planning models I have seen).
Thanks for update....I have a bunch of 5x150 wheels we got in too late before dealers ran out.

Sad part layoffs have started due to limited supplies.

Lexus would be making a huge mistake if they bring back the outdated gas guzzler 5.7 that takes premium fuel. The fuel range is unacceptable in a premium luxe wagon. I seriously doubt they will do this. Especially as V8’s in general are in absolute short supply and would push back the LX production even further behind. It’s so bad, that Mercedes is going to cut V8’s from almost all of its vehicles, including the AMG and G wagon. Other manufacturers are following as well

Last edited:
Can the TTV6 tow like a V8?

One thing we expect it won’t be as reliable or last as long. The 5.7 literally is a tank.
Who knows. It’s not here yet.

And your second statement is a throwaway.

If you know anything about Toyota engine development, you wouldn’t have made the statement.

Who knows. It’s not here yet.

And your second statement is a throwaway.

If you know anything about Toyota engine development, you wouldn’t have made the statement.
I hope you are right ! A reliable tow engine with fuel economy is the dream !!

^^^ this.

If you know, you know.

5.7 is gone.

While I see it as unlikely, I don’t necessarily see it as an impossibility.

I could see them revising power and torque to say 425 and 450, and I think people would be really pleased. I could also see them being able to add 3/4 mpg to the city/hwy numbers and getting into a respectable range there

The biggest limitation I can see is the dinky tank that they put on the 300. If they could somehow retain the 200 series tank, while adding 3/4 mpg, the range, which has lagged on the low side, would be pretty good.

I actually think the most likely “surprise” would be that the leaked VJA310R code is correct and it is a twin turbo v8. I know that won’t make the “no turbo” guys as happy, but that would be a less stressed engine, with more available power than a ttv6, when needed. The ttv8’s get pretty good gas mileage, while still feeling a bit more like a N/A v8 in real world use (in my opinion)

Either V8 option would also allow them to have a V8 option for the Tundra as well.

I do think that when discussing the “Lexus LX” the perceived competitors (not saying they have any off road chops, just saying they are perceived as competitors) all have V8 options and I could see Lexus factoring that in when coming up with their plan for the line going forward.

But let’s face it, while we all/most want it to have a V8, the ttv6 May very well be in the cards.

While I see it as unlikely, I don’t necessarily see it as an impossibility.

I could see them revising power and torque to say 425 and 450, and I think people would be really pleased. I could also see them being able to add 3/4 mpg to the city/hwy numbers and getting into a respectable range there

The biggest limitation I can see is the dinky tank that they put on the 300. If they could somehow retain the 200 series tank, while adding 3/4 mpg, the range, which has lagged on the low side, would be pretty good.

I actually think the most likely “surprise” would be that the leaked VJA310R code is correct and it is a twin turbo v8. I know that won’t make the “no turbo” guys as happy, but that would be a less stressed engine, with more available power than a ttv6, when needed. The ttv8’s get pretty good gas mileage, while still feeling a bit more like a N/A v8 in real world use (in my opinion)

Either V8 option would also allow them to have a V8 option for the Tundra as well.

I do think that when discussing the “Lexus LX” the perceived competitors (not saying they have any off road chops, just saying they are perceived as competitors) all have V8 options and I could see Lexus factoring that in when coming up with their plan for the line going forward.

But let’s face it, while we all/most want it to have a V8, the ttv6 May very well be in the cards.

I think it really depends on where Lexus envisions the LX in the line up with relation to the new LQ SUV/Cross over thing.

Traditionally, I prefer the idea of a V8 but think that engineering is getting pretty good these days, so i would be open to a TTV6 if its reliable, and produces better power and is more efficient.

Most importantly, It will be interesting to see where the new LX ends up price wise. At this point, I find myself more interested in the new Sequoia since I have a feeling that the LX will be obnoxiously overpriced and way overdo the styling.

Most importantly, It will be interesting to see where the new LX ends up price wise. At this point, I find myself more interested in the new Sequoia since I have a feeling that the LX will be obnoxiously overpriced and way overdo the styling.
I'm with you on that. At this point, I'm also more interested in the new (2023?) Sequoia or even the Grand Highlander than the upcoming LX. I predict the LX will be another overpriced butterface. Honestly, the only thing I like about the LX is that sweet Mark Levinson stereo, but that's just me.

I'm with you on that. At this point, I'm also more interested in the new (2023?) Sequoia or even the Grand Highlander than the upcoming LX. I predict the LX will be another overpriced butterface. Honestly, the only thing I like about the LX is that sweet Mark Levinson stereo, but that's just me.

I work in the middle east and have started seeing the new 300's around and i really like them, they have this weird retro 100 series thing going on where they are sort of understated but still look great.

I will probably test drive one over here before I go home a check out the new US TNGA's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom