Levinson vs. Aftermarket upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I talked to the OP offline. It may be part of a larger project, maybe he'll clarify

Gut it. Share in the fun.

56EBDF7C-A818-4F22-B94F-BAEAB1BABF32.jpeg

@icce check this dsp
Amazon product ASIN B01KVC0ZQU
kinda sounds like you created thisthread looking for someone to say yeah do it, great idea. Stillllll no responses that direction.

Dang man, I was always tempted to chase down an E61 chassis and transplant the drivetrain from my E60 M5 6mt. Sold that car recently though in move preparations. S85 motor is a god!

check out my buddy @s85socal

But what is it going to upgrade besides enabling a third front speaker in a door cavity your lc doesn’t have. Even if that levinson was some sort of factory class a or b sound quality amp if likely won’t power any aftermarket decent raw drivers or components Adequately And will still be without frequency/tuning capabilities. Your effort, labor, and money Are your own so your call...but maybe something like a Dsp?

You make good points. I think it’s safe to say the Levinson is not going to compare in terms of output or quality/capability to an aftermarket setup, but that’s not really the goal. Another real factor is cost - the pandemic has not been friendly on the build budget - and I’m chasing a little nostalgia I suppose. What I did with my BMW was retrofit factory options from higher trim levels or configurations and integrate them. I really enjoyed the process of reverse engineering the modules and coding things to work together. This vehicle is far simpler so I think I can figure it out. I didn’t realize I would have to change door panels for Levinson, that might be a nonstarter as those don’t strike me as easy to come by, but hopefully not impossible.

I don’t need anyone’s approval 😎 Just trying to do the research before I jump down the rabbit hole.
Word! And if it’s a tinker thing totally get it. Someone on here with it sitting in their garage send this man an ml amp. Another idea is you could maybe see if you could put a third 3” mid here. I’m pretty sure signal comes from the amp on lc and lx anyways. Maybe grab a set of used front lx speakers

Word! And if it’s a tinker thing totally get it. Someone on here with it sitting in their garage send this man an ml amp. Another idea is you could maybe see if you could put a third 3” mid here. I’m pretty sure signal comes from the amp on lc and lx anyways. Maybe grab a set of used front lx speakers
Yea, it’s a tinkering thing. Thanks to another member I may have everything except the wiring already taken care of. I’ll know more end of August. Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom