mark levinson tweeters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone replaced their ML tweeters? thinking about ordering them from impex. i assume they are both the same p/n (i.e. not side-specific) 86160-0W300?

For right side part number is

86160-0W300​

And for left side part number is

86160-0W310​

Those are very expensive, you can upgrade all your car's front and rear speakers with tweeter included using best aftermarket brand for half of the price.

ensure that your new stuff has the same imepedance as oem, otherwise sound may suffer.

with my 100, If i remember correctly, impedance is 2 ohms, while the speaker replacement market hovers around 4 ohm (which was put in by a car stereo operation....before I educated myself).

Not sure how a possible mismatch in the tweeter arena will affect sound.

i replaced my front drivers with some polk set that was recommended on here, but for some reason when i connected the polk tweeters to the crossover, the tweeters just sounded like s***ty small speakers, as if there was no cutoff. so i plugged the ML tweeters back into their harnesses and it sounded right (except for the fact that the tweeters are blown).

im not sure if i used the wrong wire to power the crossover? like maybe the wire i used was downline from some inline cutoff capacitor? idk, but it seems to only work with the ML tweeters, hence my inclination to replace with ML. i would never pay the $115/tweeter that i see on ebay, but impex has them for $74 each, which i find acceptable to get rid of the tinny buzzing.

there is an inline capacitor on the ML tweeters, so maybe that is required to get the proper frequencies? I thought that's what the crossover was for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom