Let's See Your Toyota Expedition Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Racehoss said:
85 runner w OME SUSPENSION and a 4:70 crawl box. ARB Freezer/ fridge

I love 1st gen 4runners. Yours is very nice A dream project of mine is a 1st gen with a turbo 3b and cruiser axles.

posted with my thumbs.

Sweet man! You need to slap some sliders on there and give us a side view too. :D

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Invite me over! Ill bring my 80 to play! I'm about a 2 minute drive away

Dwood1466 said:
Invite me over! Ill bring my 80 to play! I'm about a 2 minute drive away

Your welcome anytime! If you still have my number text me your info and I'll let you know next time were fabbing up!

-Daniel

Bump, let's see some shots ya laggers!
No, that's not a shadow trick on the driver's front door, yes, I dented her up, and yes, it "popped and buffed right out", you can only tell if you look super closely. :D
Tree stump vs. rock, I tipped it into the tree stump, was just a wee bit taller than my slider could protect it from.
IMG_0006.JPG

Last edited:
NorCalBorn... Very nice, show us some more pics of other angles.

78 FJ40... That's a sharp looking 40. Do you have any pics looking into the back of the changing room on your RTT?

-Daniel

Not a ton of outside shots b/c it was raining, see my avatar, the resolution came out terrible b/c the camera kept reading raindrops and mist instead of the subject. Here's a few more from when I headed out.
IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

Last edited:
Off-Topic, here's one from when we went fishing, it's called "How much do I love my camera to risk losing it?". :lol:
IMG_0038.JPG

78 FJ40... That's a sharp looking 40. Do you have any pics looking into the back of the changing room on your RTT?

-Daniel

Here are a few more shots of the back as request Adventure Copan.
Really enjoy the RTT, and so does my wife!

I know it's tough to see, but there is enough room in the Annex room to put a cot on either side of the ladder and still walk around it to access the back of the 40. We actually have bunk bed cots for the grandkids and have slept 5 of them in the Annex room. Lastly, the floor of the Annex is a complete floor from edge to edge. Unlike the ARB tent which has 10 inch flaps that fold into the room, this floor is tough military grade material that is rubberized and is completely waterproof - not just water resistant. Keeps the inside completely clean and dry even in a downpour. Since the rubberized floor goes up the sides about 5-6 inches, you can be in standing water and still be dry.
DSC03467.jpg
DSC03469.jpg
DSC03463.jpg

^^^ Very nice, thank you! I'm sold on the RTT but I'm going with it on the trailer for our particular needs. Good looking rig!

-Daniel

Duke,

What brand is your tent. It looks like it can take alot of abuse, I've got five grandkids, also, :eek:

That's where I want to be. :)

You should go. The Bahia de los Angeles area is great. The weather is hot now but should be good in October. I plan to go back this fall and explore a bit further north in the Sierra de Asemblea. San Ignacio Lagoon is THE place to see grey whales in the winter.

[[referring to post 484]]

Last edited:
This is my 79 series ,which ive been modding over the past couple of years to make touring and camping more comfotable.
It has 90ltrs of petrol and and 240ltr of lpg which gives me over 1350+ km of driving non stop, (depending on terrain)
ive just come back from just under a 4000km trip north of Western Australia. a couple of pics
This was in a mining town, wet boots hanging on the side of the tray to wind dry.
Untitled.jpg

Driving along the 86km drive to the cattle station (ranch) for the second part of the holiday
IMAG0825-1.jpg

Quick camp setup in the back is the double swag rolled out and other side of the tray is 1 of the spare tyres and the engel fridge.The light hanging over the camp chair is just 2x led flat plates which cost $1 each and doublesided taped on some light conduit and plugs into one of the 12v outlets in the tray, there is also some led bars under the canopy with a switch in the tray
IMAG0581.jpg

As this was a touring trip of long straight roads and dirt roads rather than sand dunes,the approach wasn't really a issue so i knocked the rear spare tyre holder up for the trip and it slide's in the reece hitch,easy to take out if need be and a easy way to just in a 2nd spare tyre.
IMAG0654.jpg

Packed up for cruiseing,+ 20lt water bottle
IMAG0571.jpg

When we would head out for day trips i could just lower the blue canopy to about 1m height and drive away.
IMAG0608.jpg

Leaving the homestead another 3hours into the scub,and a quick 45minute fly for the girl friend.
IMG_4270.jpg

on the cattle station ready for mustering.
IMAG0895-1.jpg

Fresh water gorges for swimming and exploring
IMAG0685.jpg

Last edited:
Project 75 Troopy

Thought I would share what I have in my 75, still work in progress though.

From this...
t1.jpg

To this in 16months..
ty1-1.jpg

bg23.jpg

Bulgaria August 2012
br1.jpg

br12.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom