RedArc Redvision vs everyone else (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's great about the Redvision/Manager 30 setup with the new "Rogue" version:

1. Allows LED dimming instead of just on/off
2. Has monitors for tank fluid level or pressure
3. Has temp monitors
4. Has lights and warnings showing blown fuse
5. Has manual override switch (on the older "Prime" version that doesn't have LED dimming)
6. It's Redarc, rock solid and reliable in any condition
7. Aussie made....it's like the other America.
9. 10 switch/dim circuits, expandable to 20.
10. GPIO for creative needs, triggering events, etc.
11. Best for last, EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE, one app, one controller does pretty much everything. Don't need to peacemeal together different systems and HOPE they play nicely together.

Cons
1. It's expensive.
2. See #1.
3. Manager 30 only does 30A charging....kinda weak, but probably enough for any vehicle/overland build I'm guessing??
4. Only 10A and 30A circuits....easy to overcome by using relays, still, a minor annoyance.

The Redarc Redvision kit with Manager 30, hub/switching thingy and display screen is around $2400-$2500 (ouch!). Are there better/cheap ways to accomplish what Redarc has done here? I know Victron makes a ton of the same stuff, with higher specs for less money, but it's a hodge-podge of individual components with no central hub/app as far as I can tell? Unless I'm missing it? The Auxbeam/Switchpros AR-800 looks rad just for the app/switching capabilities, but that's it, there's no external GPIO, temp sensors inputs/monitorings, tank monitoring, can bus communication with other devices, LED dimming, etc.

I'm pretty sure the correct answer is "Redarc is the shizznit, there is nothing better. Quit being a little bitch, spend a little extra and buy the best.".....just wanna make sure I'm not missing out on a better option. What say you hivemind? Thanks!

It's natural to be attracted to RedArc for all the things they offer, with real engineering and field testing to support their claims and their products and YET STILL look for a cheaper solution.

However, Redarc is the shizznit, there is nothing better. Quit being a little bitch, spend a little extra and buy the best. It's what I did for their 24v BCDC, what @jaymar did with their M30, and what countless off road channels on YT and other places have done. I've never seen one of their units fail, tho I'm sure there's been one unit to do so, somewhere.

Victron is good (I'm running their 75/15 SC as a redundant MPPT to the built-in MPPT on the RedArc), Renogy is another, and C-Tek another. But they simply aren't nearly as robust or feature rich.

Last edited:
It's natural to be attracted to RedArc for all the things they offer, with real engineering and field testing to support their claims and their products and YET STILL look for a cheaper solution.

However, Redarc is the shizznit, there is nothing better. Quit being a little bitch, spend a little extra and buy the best. It's what I did for their 24v BCDC, what @jaymar did with their M30, and what countless off road channels on YT and other places have done. I've never seen one of their units fail, tho I'm sure there's been one unit to do so, somewhere.

Victron is good (I'm running their 75/15 SC as a redundant MPPT to the built-in MPPT on the RedArc), Renogy is another, and C-Tek another. But they simply aren't nearly as robust or feature rich.

Yeah with all the app-heavy stuff that Victron already sells, I'm kinda surprised they don't offer something similar. But yep, I think I'll go with Redarc. Might have to wait til it goes on sale or I can find a deal somewhere, but that appears to be the best system. Thanks for the input!

Yeah with all the app-heavy stuff that Victron already sells, I'm kinda surprised they don't offer something similar. But yep, I think I'll go with Redarc. Might have to wait til it goes on sale or I can find a deal somewhere, but that appears to be the best system. Thanks for the input!
I've found the best deals for RedArc on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom