Lets see your rigs packed for a trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_1827.JPG

This is my usual packing. I keep space on the passenger side for the dog. The 2nd row seat on the driver side is removed and the fridge sits there. My OZtent goes up top with the canoe(we paddle as much as we can so the canoe is usually loaded).

View attachment 1510844 View attachment 1510845 View attachment 1510846 View attachment 1510847 View attachment 1510849

Bulky stuff (annex room, recovery gear, tables, chairs, stools etc) goes in the big tote, compressor and accessories goes in the small one, one aluminum box for kitchen gear, one aluminum box for gear (lanterns, rope, saw, hatchet, etc.). Not pictured my clothing carry-on, two ammo boxes for dry food, another water jug, and my recovery tracks.

Looks like you max'd out your attic rack:grinpimp:

What compresor is that and do you have a link?

Looks like you max'd out your attic rack:grinpimp:

What compresor is that and do you have a link?
Oh yeah, full set of rain gear, trasharoo, fall weight jacket and a tarp in the attic-nothing I wouldn't mind being hit in the head by!

The compressor is a Puma 1021 Twin Tank 1 HP 2 Gal 12 Volt Puma Compressor New PD-1021
I went with that because the 2 gal, twin tank is actually more compact than the single tank (1 gal tank is shorter than the 1.5) and it's much less top heavy. I doubt there is much gain in performance, maybe a tiny bit using tools? Anyway I probably have a rotator cuff injury from patting myself on the back so much for that fitment in the box, lol!

weldon%20meadow.jpg
Ready for a 2 week hunting trip. WE set up a main camp then go bush for a spike camp. This is an old photo, but pretty much the same now.

Southern Sierra mountains in central calif.

This thread reminds me why I want to build a trailer. Here's my last big trip before putting my co-pilots gear in. Everything has to come out at night in order to make the cot to sleep in the truck. Then in the morning everything has to go back in and get strapped down.
IMG_2565.JPG

Thanks 4B, can't see the one on the other side I have a '73 and a 2002 with the Kohler 4 stroke. Both are BEASTS.

Thanks 4B, can't see the one on the other side I have a '73 and a 2002 with the Kohler 4 stroke. Both are BEASTS.
I keep toying with the idea of one for a hitch carrier on my rig. Would love a 4 stroke. They have a rally for them up here every year, you should make the trip sometime.

I keep toying with the idea of one for a hitch carrier on my rig. Would love a 4 stroke. They have a rally for them up here every year, you should make the trip sometime.
I've since sold the trailer to a good friend who lets me use it whenever I want. I'm also trying to figure out a way haul a Rokon on a carrier. I'm too cheap to buy a carrier so I might try and fab something up.

Family of 4, loaded out for 4 day/3 night trip. The KISS Drawers keep me sane and able to still get at things mid-trip:
Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 1.00.08 PM.png

Well mine is always packed. But here's one on the road
20161114_125459.jpg

Mine is usually packed as well, except for the bedding. My packing strategy for the past 3-4 years has been focused around reducing what I bring, rather than organizing all of the crap I have. I also think it's important to keep your stuff hidden from passers by to reduce the risk of theft, so I try to keep everything packed away. I am usually camping by myself, but when the wife comes as well, all I have to add is another camping chair and more food in the fridge.

This is packed, minus bedding and my fluids ammo box. Sometimes I add a chainsaw, depending where I'm going. This includes, a full compliment of tools, food, beer, cooking supplies, spare parts, spare tire, camp chair, highlift, emergency foods, navigation supplies, etc. As usual, a work in progress, this is drawer system/sleeping platform version 4.

m3qxjaWIADaBYL3mMipAEuoHs8j6kUG_tvWIR7qQOHM78ZUTkv4T-vLg-vqto-3C5sSqgqymAKYQ9BAD3FsIETqG68cQBpgKgEABX2bH12VUP_q1m4_B1O7ymGtC-pOZDPmD8uT__ZAaRDM9GQ5XAg0zDdMHNOXHX9aCY0HHKyesJ6P63a4I8_frlvfzHYvaPEg4-t6EPq4HFRA4iC6dWBLKkm-ltDrLoNeMfQ7A1OikLfGJJXdSvX-4kvYq7BPR08mcaK35wI67GXfaCt_fD5hStizRnmqub4MLOe925TumMtZ-uUdzWJPfWHc5wxNMuupcrNwW_cJaCXE3NlHWpuMyNQJvWI6N3FBHvBEth6TS2paQ6K8LQP0Rbxp5uLOQcGpqLQDNQ-vB8NItLE14yoIH4QWOpjy6KRRiWqfopj1QfWMD1hum_dXOchYPGmc4z719Ak4gwCrRlSFCQuZtI8IFViB-kCkbTzeaBlchzbGwq_swhoDdRj6-x8Jis92GBzDnyZcJHItgckUHUA1nlRXz_Z0-eR7trCAUAo4dhGB_dIzGozmmpO8rrs1ucvAYNoO6LdtgUTNzzkbFaYrdx1-aD_r4ipr9FoayFSN2RB0T1WTyDaVetQ=w2499-h1856-no

7dCWSs-TXRtvsXQu75q3MUFruGofycKlZcXeQ6MFedsLjRsZfJtubpur4fICn3hAQbZZUvWeGMeeqZWE1TwU6-2JfsMW9NYhgVS_wsDjN45ZGNqBEzryvRgMafoI6jZgFlIIKVxwyJgJZ98MIt3cWRXouBPbsRV9gDkbt3KWbQ3stuGP0ysQoQxlFaRd673GJPxu5G4JGgte78a8kZqUeRAImgzq9WN15idArv0fcax-Cn8jV5wwDAczgxaIR7Ev4PxM2Upc2VCTRzC1PeaQvtKt7ulsqQSopAXbft0RFTUbmy3DZW27aiqlN1e6ekc3h40MlnfANR1NSgVIs5E5MIwf4tl6HkRwMwHaXRmxAOYIJgGRiyYdZ20kL2tg70MEJogT4vk1TT9QJS0dioJnU6AsxFvkImWcVPf8kkGYSr0v2wZx2-cxPEEZKQVSNJk71DfRBFdOWuJFMmL-TPzk0X6iyaDRBQh3F4KG8f0O26O8EwMpd4QYSfmQsOJw9y45wevm8kdjl2ScD9CvQfH7cSGMWt9N_wN8fr4hNtk0QDbV67LSnO4A8N-kLm42LuTtNj6Xt3j7Hjddv1v_EfY6FIHJbCfI9v5Bj1QHhuIVTaVHasBDC9kMRg=w2499-h1875-no

IMHO so many things are marketed to us that are cool and flashy, but not at all necessary, or even needed, to get out in the woods and have a good time.

I've since sold the trailer to a good friend who lets me use it whenever I want. I'm also trying to figure out a way haul a Rokon on a carrier. I'm too cheap to buy a carrier so I might try and fab something up.
It's a decent amount of weight, but if you're a handy welder I'm sure you could do it. Just copy the already existing model for much of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom