Lets see your rigs packed for a trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All u guys with your full time drawer systems are killing me. I have 4 kids so I had to mount a seat in the cargo area of the truck. Bought a trailer to build next spring.

Was packed to the gills this trip.

224.jpg

We are just kind of figuring things out with the new truck, but here are some pics.

I like the clear containers as they are cheap, see-through and have that foam stuff that makes them pretty water tight.

The down side to a truck is security, so we have done stuff like backed-up tightly to a tree, etc. if we are away from it. We can lock the tailgate, so that would make it harder, but . . its not a Cruiser. It works for now given we want a truck bed for business reasons.

20170525_154913.jpg
20170525_154853.jpg
20170625_182005.jpg

Those bedslides look awesome and very functional. Do you have a picture of your camp chef set up?

All u guys with your full time drawer systems are killing me. I have 4 kids so I had to mount a seat in the cargo area of the truck. Bought a trailer to build next spring.

Same boat here brother. Just bought an old Bantam trailer to tow behind on the next trip. What did you end up with ?

Same boat here brother. Just bought an old Bantam trailer to tow behind on the next trip. What did you end up with ?
I think its one of those old sears trailers. Needs some metal work but will sit until spring.

20170605_083851.jpg

My lord but you guys pack a crazy amount of gear, even for short trips. If I had to go through that, I wouldn't go anywhere. I've always been minimalist in traveling. I once spent 8 weeks traveling in my old Plymouth Arrow with a shell and carpet kit. I had a back pack and small cooler. It's just like international travel - one bag, one tote.

Why I like my van is, I pull in and camp is set up. No unloading required other than my chair.

34409160683_5a1c7411f2_b.jpg

When our kids were young, we compromised and used our Lance camper and, later, a 5th wheel. Same thing - pull into camp, done.

If you're talking to me, you must be joking. The "fun" is in not humping ridiculous amounts of gear and unloading and repacking. The "fun" is in getting to camp and doing stuff. Horses for courses.

Anybody have any ideas how I can carry less? There are 4 of us and I still need to put 3 bags in the vehicle. I will be at capacity and this is only for 2 nights. Here is a rough list of my contents.
27 qt container- Chuck Box
27qt container- First Aid/Tools/Recovery
27qt container- Camp Supplies- some dry food
65qt cooler- Drinks
35qt cooler- Food
3 camp chairs
4 sleeping bags-2 sleeping pads
Tent 6 man
Charcoal and starter for Dutch Oven
2 fishing poles
Small firewood bundle
Case of water
Couple bags of groceries/misc stuff
IMG_3153.JPG
IMG_3154.JPG

Anybody have any ideas how I can carry less?
I do tend to take too much, but I like to stay out for close to a week at a time.
I do not mind the ritual of setting up camp either, that is half the fun :bounce:
But I am taking less next year, already planning on taking just two out of the three new Alu-boxes I bought earlier in the year.

Here's for a three nighter. I've always said the only difference between a two nighter and a two weeker is the food...and socks and underwear.
010.JPG

Save them for the next two weeks. :D

Anybody have any ideas how I can carry less? There are 4 of us and I still need to put 3 bags in the vehicle. I will be at capacity and this is only for 2 nights. Here is a rough list of my contents.
27 qt container- Chuck Box
27qt container- First Aid/Tools/Recovery
27qt container- Camp Supplies- some dry food
65qt cooler- Drinks
35qt cooler- Food
3 camp chairs
4 sleeping bags-2 sleeping pads
Tent 6 man
Charcoal and starter for Dutch Oven
2 fishing poles
Small firewood bundle
Case of water
Couple bags of groceries/misc stuff
View attachment 1571815 View attachment 1571816

You have plenty of room left. That said, the hard sided totes take up a lot of room.

This was last summer with my son and our dog in the Wyoming mountains. We used the first set of drawers I built as a sleeping platform all last summer. It isn’t fully loaded with water and clutter, but the only pics I have. We don’t do a lot of wheeling where we go. Just two tracks that have some small stream fishing close by.

23D6FB62-44C0-4D5C-A4AD-D2171ADC7D01.jpeg

3CA926BB-961B-4A57-89A4-A6425D8E0584.jpeg

97CB0684-D3EF-4B04-A57D-FB9BB46EF900.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom