Lets see your rigs packed for a trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yotatech.com
Yeah, I bring a lot, as I near senior citizenship, I tend to bring more :D
Plus I have a lot of new gear this year I am going to try out, so no doubt I will weed back a bit next time.
And that chuckbox takes up a lotta room, I am thinking about getting a custom one built over the winter that is made out of aluminum, and smaller.
The dimensions on this one could be cut down some.
Plus I am hauling enough gear for two people for my upcoming vacation.

1.jpg

Alubox pantry on the bottom, my Bad Bag duffle bag (we will cram hers somewhere), camera backpack, tripod & case, and Outback Porta-Privy.
I have the Nemo Heliopolis, but I did not have good luck trying to set it up yesterday, but I am going to pack it anyways, and maybe with more room out in the wild, we can get it setup.
Also hard to see are two Eezi-Awn K9 medium stainless steel camping tables strapped to the side of the fridge.
Best tables I have ran across so far.

2.jpg

Great American Camp Chair in the bottom green bag, Coleman lantern stand, maroon stuff sack for the footmat that goes under the roof top tents ladder, and the Katanaboy saw for firewood.
The chuckbox, Renogy 100 watt solar panel, Blue Ridge Chair Works chair, Big Kahuna 12v shower, and 7 gallon water container.

3.jpg

National Luna Weekender 50 fridge/freezer (stays in the rig full time), kind of buried to the left of the fridge are two Aluboxes, one for Goal Zero LED lanterns, two propane lanterns, and the bigger Alubox on the bottom has towels, tent stakes, several Coleman propane cylinders, and other misc. stuff.
Also the Pett toilet and cedar stand you stand on in the shower is in the black case on top of the Alubox.

4.jpg

Another view form the previous picture.

Plus I have a lot of new gear this year I am going to try out, so no doubt I will weed back a bit next time.
And that chuckbox takes up a lotta room, I am thinking about getting a custom one built over the winter that is made out of aluminum, and smaller.

1.jpg

Alubox pantry on the bottom, my Bad Bag duffle bag (we will cram hers somewhere), camera backpack, tripod & case, and Outback Porta-Privy.
I have the Nemo Heliopolis, but I did not have good luck trying to set it up yesterday, but I am going to pack it anyways, and maybe with more room out in the wild, we can get it setup.
Also hard to see are two Eezi-Awn K9 medium stainless steel camping tables strapped to the side of the fridge.

2.jpg

Great American Camp Chair in the bottom green bag, Coleman lantern stand, maroon stuff sack for the footmat that goes under the roof top tents ladder, and the Katanaboy saw for firewood.
The chuckbox, Renogy 100 watt solar panel, Blue Ridge Chair Works chair, Big Kahuna 12v shower, and 7 gallon water container.

3.jpg

National Luna Weekender 50 fridge/freezer (stays in the rig full time), kind of buried to the left of the fridge are two Aluboxes, one for Goal Zero LED lanterns, two propane lanterns, and the bigger Alubox on the bottom has towels, tent stakes, several Coleman propane cylinders, and other misc. stuff.
Also the Pett toilet and cedar stand you stand on in the shower is in the black case on top of the Alubox.

4.jpg

How do you get to whatever is stored in the bottom of those boxes? I moved away from the large hard cases that were deep to shallower soft pack stuff. Packs much more efficiently IMO.

I'll try and find a pic of my setup, but I never pack to the point I can't see out my rearview.

How do you get to whatever is stored in the bottom of those boxes? I moved away from the large hard cases that were deep to shallower soft pack stuff. Packs much more efficiently IMO.

I'll try and find a pic of my setup, but I never pack to the point I can't see out my rearview.
The Aluboxes will be out on the ground, nod it is easy to get to stuff in them.
The reason stuff is packed so high is the chuckbox, it simply takes up too much room, hence why I will be looking into a newer smaller one, or maybe put all of the stuff into another Alubox which will take up way less room than the chuckbox.
Plus your Land Cruiser is longer inside, so you can pack lower than what a FJ Cruiser can hold.

Rear view mirrors are overrated too with side mirrors aimed right, plus I have a backup camera that goes through the stereo screen.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

How you do like the Alu Boxes? Thinking of picking up a couple.

How you do like the Alu Boxes? Thinking of picking up a couple.
I like them a lot.
Very light weight, and no wasted space like Action Packers and the ECS cases I use to use.
Only downside is they are a lotta $$$.
But dust and waterproof they are.

Initially I built this so that I could carry everything on the exterior of the rig and sleep inside. My wife much prefers sleeping inside with the A/C on, 4BT so it burns very little fuel. I have since begin an overland trailer that is nearing completion.

Biltmore.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_2364.jpg

Here's my 55, all inside nothing hanging off the bumper or on top. I use four alum. military boxes, $50 a piece for all the loose stuff and stack sleeping bags and tent. etc. on top of them.
Is your 55 one of the five together that was posted to Instagram this morning?
Someone posted five 55's together this morning, very cool shot.

It it's just me;a bag of chips and a fridge full of beer. Lots of room in the truck.

20170703_095603.jpg

If the wife and kids are coming; roof rack is full, trailer is full, can't see out the windows of the truck...
20170701_180828.jpg

Yes, Mine is on the far right. We a had Pig Party in Rico, Co. with a total of 14 I think. Very cool!

Here's 12 of us together... I'm left of the all blue one.
Very nice!

20170805_160800.jpg
20170805_160823.jpg
20170805_160438.jpg
20170805_160409.jpg
20170805_160647.jpg

Bulky stuff (annex room, recovery gear, tables, chairs, stools etc) goes in the big tote, compressor and accessories goes in the small one, one aluminum box for kitchen gear, one aluminum box for gear (lanterns, rope, saw, hatchet, etc.). Not pictured my clothing carry-on, two ammo boxes for dry food, another water jug, and my recovery tracks.

Last edited:
On a month long trip with wife, kid & two pooches...

I decided to do without the single Jerry can carrier and installed an aluminess galley box... surprisingly light, with tons of storage space... also weather proof.... tried and tested...

20170725_153046~2.jpg

Many of you people haul a lot of stuff.

:lol:

Many of you people haul a lot of stuff.

:lol:
I'd say I'm probably guilty of that, but that's why I do truck camping not Appalachian Trail hike in, hike out camping! I'm definitely of the "better to have it an not need it, than need it an not have it" school of thought, and I also value redundancy. My stuff stays in my rig all the time, so whether I'm doing an overnight or a week, it's the same basic arrangement. I could go minimalist, but 50# one way or another isn't a big deal in a truck that probably is approaching its GVWR of 6800#. I also go out regularly with people who are not seasoned campers, so in order to make sure that they have a good experience, I like to have stuff that helps them have a good time and feel comfortable so they are excited about doing more. Half the people on here seem to have fridges, but to someone new to camping, I might as well have an X-wing fighter in my cargo area to see their level of astonishment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom