Let’s go to the beach (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been wanting to go to the beach for 2 months and for some reason it hasn’t worked out. But now I am ready to go.
I figured I would post up a thread and see if any other ONSCers want to come along.

WHO: my self and maybe my family. Open invite to ONSC members

WHAT: spend the day at the beach.

WHERE: Fort Fisher - the 4wd beach part of fort fisher.

Fort fisher is 2.5 From my house in Apex, NC.
BELOW IS LINK TO LOCATION OF PARK OFFICE:

WHEN: Saturday 30JULY2022. I want to get there around 10:00 am so I will more likely leave my place around 7:00 am
I would like to stay there until around 5:00 pm but departure time is fluid

WHY: for one, I want to go to the beach. For two I want to drive my little red truck out to the beach and enjoy it. I am already planning on going and I figured I would see if anyone else wants to go.

HOW:
The 4wd section (beach driving) of Fort Fisher comes with its own restrictions, logistics, and planning

Fort fisher website:

Planning considerations:
1. Park office hours 8am to 5pm - if you need to purchase a beach pass

2. 4wd beach access: 8am to 8:30pm

3. Beach passes required:
Fort fisher 4wd beach pass is only sold at fort fisher office.
Below are the 4wd beach access pass:
Weekdays $20 per day
Weekends $30 per day
Yearly pass $150 - January to December
** all fort fisher 4wd beach passes are not valid anywhere else other than fort fisher

4. Items to consider bringing:
Air down equipment
Air up equipment
Shovel
Tow strap / kinetic rope
Shackles
Ensure you have anchor points on both sides of vehicles

5. Fishing is only allowed with NC fishing license. -

6. I’m pretty sure there is no alcohol permitted but I have never been asked or searched. Do your own research.

Let me know if you have any other questions or post up if you want to join.

Del Roman

Reviving this thread.

Would love to do a day trip with my family to Fort Fisher before they have to go back to school. Currently waiting on a tool to adjust my brake booster rod and restore my braking.

Reviving this thread.

Would love to do a day trip with my family to Fort Fisher before they have to go back to school. Currently waiting on a tool to adjust my brake booster rod and restore my braking.
The last time I did that job I made a tool out of a piece of cardboard, a piece of masking tape and a bamboo skewer. A little flimsier than a real tool, but free, fast and it worked perfectly!
IMG_5473[1].JPG

It's been sitting in a parts bin for a couple of years so it has gotten misshapen and warped, but you get the idea.

The last time I did that job I made a tool out of a piece of cardboard, a piece of masking tape and a bamboo skewer. A little flimsier than a real tool, but free, fast and it worked perfectly!
View attachment 3087197

It's been sitting in a parts bin for a couple of years so it has gotten misshapen and warped, but you get the idea.
Nice! I considered 3D printing something. There's files available for the H frame that uses a 16 penny nail for the rod.

I bought this instead:
1660575927144.png

I want the booster to MC to be within .020" of tolerance for maximum booster function on the MC.

BTW, I will gladly loan this out to anyone that's replacing their booster and rebuilding the MC.

Del, Its on my calendar, I am there, I probably have to leave at 6am but I will meet you there. Been there many times. Thanks for sending out this invite!!

Del, Its on my calendar, I am there, I probably have to leave at 6am but I will meet you there. Been there many times. Thanks for sending out this invite!!
My bad, I am so F$$Ked with work, I thought this was August. I will go back under my rock

Reviving this thread.

Depending on if I am home when you decide to go. I will come out.

We've got a small group interested in doing a day trip down to Fort Fisher on the 27th. This is not an organized event and more of just meeting on the beach.
@SFROMAN @AndrewHadji @AWOLDoc @roflbox @jrmudder92

@Mtbcoach is already there ;)

@roflbox and I will try our hand at surf fishing. I don't think we'll have much success but it will still be fun.

We'll pack food for lunch and typically leave the beach around dinner time (5 or 6pm) and grab food in town somewhere before heading home.

1660919453651.png

Check your battery holddowns and bring your Element fire extinguishers if you have them.
1660919569189.png

I just installed a new rear lightbar. Previous one died a early death due to water intrusion.

1660941700243.png

Just saying, cape Lookout trip is the weekend after this!!
Would love to go but the kids are back in school on the 29th. Start of school is always hectic the first two weeks.

We've got a small group interested in doing a day trip down to Fort Fisher on the 27th. This is not an organized event and more of just meeting on the beach.
@SFROMAN @AndrewHadji @AWOLDoc @roflbox @jrmudder92

@Mtbcoach is already there ;)

@roflbox and I will try our hand at surf fishing. I don't think we'll have much success but it will still be fun.

We'll pack food for lunch and typically leave the beach around dinner time (5 or 6pm) and grab food in town somewhere before heading home.

View attachment 3091045

Check your battery holddowns and bring your Element fire extinguishers if you have them.
View attachment 3091046
I'll be with the pups at the Surf Dog Experience at the north end, once Boris get's his waves, we will he'd down to the south end 😎

If you don't want to pack potable water, before you buy...Kinetico system filtered water available (I had my outside tap part of the system to water my garden) corner of 5th and Columbia. Depending on timing, I may be at Surf Dog Experience or out and about, however, the tap is on, please help yourself if I'm not here, amazing how just the smell makes a difference, let alone all those other things we can't smell 😎

IMG_3469.jpeg
IMG_3470.jpeg

We are going to head down a little earlier to get bait on the way and pick up a pass at the park station. We were planning to head to the south end. If there is somewhere you normally set up, let me know. I am bringing fishing stuff as well, so hopefully we have some luck. 🍀 Look forward to seeing everyone down there.
(910) 494-6071

We are going to head down a little earlier to get bait on the way and pick up a pass at the park station. We were planning to head to the south end. If there is somewhere you normally set up, let me know. I am bringing fishing stuff as well, so hopefully we have some luck. 🍀 Look forward to seeing everyone down there.
(910) 494-6071
South end is perfect. That's where I was planning to go. It's a bit of a drive but we can get away from the crowd. @roflbox and I are planning on fishing as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom