Leftovers and Soup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, the 23#'er in a roaster oven (table top type) we will see. 5 adults and 2 teens. Never used this cooking method before.
Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with in the next few days.
Hope all is well with our Mud Cooks.
-Jim

Well, the 23#'er in a roaster oven (table top type) we will see. 5 adults and 2 teens. Never used this cooking method before.
Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with in the next few days.
Hope all is well with our Mud Cooks.
-Jim

Jim,

Just a 8# brined breast here...

Happy Thanksgiving buddy!

J&A

Dinner went well. Pulled the bird out of the roaster and loaded into oven to brown. My parents don't like my normal injection, so I made one from melted butter, turkey stock, and rubbed sage. Injected the breast only. Also served a glass of Prosecco with a pomegranate ice cube, (harvested and juiced from my tree). MIL got plowed.

Leftover venison steaks, a few cans of beef broth. half a box of orzo, two carrots, and half of a bag of frozen peas, a little S&P to taste.
And 4 strips of bacon, 1 onion diced.
Nice soup, but needed mushrooms

Been a while for stew, if it tastes anything like the Rue juice, we are golden.
stew 001.JPG

If I would have spelled it correctly, you would know...:hillbilly:
Started the pan with evo, garlic, and onions then removed. Added tsp or two of flour to the flavored oil and simmered to create a sticky "Roux"
Added cubed beef to brown, added back the garlic and onions. Removed all this when browned and poured 2-1/2 cups of stock in the juice left in the pan (stock is simple, water and 2 concentrated Knorr beef packs). "Rue Juice" is then poured over everything in a slow cooker.;)

With Juice.:lol:

This was the last of the prime rib, about day 7/8. Made us soup/stew for a couple days...can't wait to make it again. I'll be sure to include cabbage next time.
IMG_20161129_122415317.jpg

Flat, I'LL PLAY ALONG, good thread builder here...

I took my leftover pork tenderloin and made pulled sandwiches.

Made my sauce from smoked honey BBQ sauce , OJ & Pineapple juice, soy sauce, paprika, garlic powder, fresh ginger, salt,, pepper and dry mustard.

Was a great sandwich!

J
View attachment 720603View attachment 720604
In the south we would top that with slaw. Worth a try if you have never had it

Fritatas are always a good way to get rid of anything that compliment eggs. Burritos work well, too. Lately, I've been alternating cooking days of vegetables with days of meat and making stews or fritatas during the overlapping times. Been trying to make chicken stock once a week so I always have that around along with some chicken meat (since it goes with anything).

PS- I'm gonna smoke a chuck roast for the first time on Monday if I wake up early enough. That should give me plenty to work with for a few days. Thanks to TitanPat for the idea. NC people tend to only think about pork when you mention smoke, so we need a kick in the pants sometimes.

--john
How did the smoked chuck roast turn out and some details please

How did the smoked chuck roast turn out and some details please
Hmmm. Lemme rewind 3 years!:flipoff2: Nope. I remember nothing except that I probably tried it 5 times over a few months and haven't bothered to do it again. Maybe in 2017.

Decavo, my mom is from the south originally, and likes to put slaw on a lot of her sandwich's.
I never developed a taste for it, but will try most types of slaw on the side.
WOW, you must have pulled that quote from the first page.

Aldbondigas tonight, found a recipe to do it justice. And the new tool makes it so much more fun.:cool:
002.JPG

004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom