Leftovers and Soup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks really good! Soccer season started back for the wife, so I'm home by myself many nights until 2230 or later for the next couple months. So, I've not been cooking much. Lots of sandwiches and takeout.

I just can't get motivated to cook for one.

I just can't get motivated to cook for one.
Motivated? MOTIVATED?? Engaging Gunney-mode now...
"I will motivate you, Private Pyle, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!"

Yeah, I get in that rut a lot. The constant openings of new restaurants around here doesn't help. Just make enough for 3-4 meals at a time so you only have to do it a few times a week.

Pizza. Caramelize some onions, roast garlic and peppers.....
Pic for reference:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424567426.525196.jpg

I cheated on the crust (store bought) but it's damned tasty anyway :)
Butt

Right now working on different ways to use left over Tri Tip.

Left over tri-tip. Horrible pic, but I did a variation of this BRAIN FARTS pasta Marsala dish. To stick a little more on the savory side I went about equal parts Marsala and chicken stock and added a bit of soy sauce. Would have added mushrooms but didn't have any on hand. I'll cook extra tri-tip next time with leftovers for this in mind.
IMG_0547.JPG

I need to take better food pics! Y'all's dishes look so much better!
:cheers:
Butt

Didn't last long enough to take a picture but I hashed up left over red taters and cabbage from last nights St Patty dinner. Just salt pepper and a dash of onion powder. Good stuff.

I just discovered a yummy base for soup....

Leftover liquid from a pot of pinto beans. Toss in some onion, potatoes, and my only favorite so far is left over cubed chunks of tri-tip. Need to try this with meat balls......

I know that this thread has a lean toward the fall and winter. But I like to make a chicken tortilla soup from the grill, and the amounts vary based on the amount of beers that are in the creative juices. I have found that my Messican chicken on the grill is great when fresh, but reheated at work seems to concentrate the flavors making it a little too spicy. But may make a great Torta that I may share in the Samwiches thread.
I also gotta get the ball n chain to stop buying those roasted yard birds in the plastic cocoons.

I know that this thread has a lean toward the fall and winter. But I like to make a chicken tortilla soup from the grill, and the amounts vary based on the amount of beers that are in the creative juices. I have found that my Messican chicken on the grill is great when fresh, but reheated at work seems to concentrate the flavors making it a little too spicy. But may make a great Torta that I may share in the Samwiches thread.
I also gotta get the ball n chain to stop buying those roasted yard birds in the plastic cocoons.

Jim, I hear you on the space suit yard birds... I like to inject and make a couple of beer butt chickens. Cut one up and throw in when making tortilla soup and shred the other for crema chicken enchiladas. Both reheat perfectly. I use Negro Modelo for my beer offering in the soup and of course drink the rest while cooking the chickens..

J

No pictures but I've been using barley in my soups a lot lately. It adds a lot of good stuff as well as the same uncouse flavor you get from high connective tissue proteins.

Vesci, Crema chicken enchiladas??? Hummm grunt OOHHHHHH. I think you owe me that recipe.
Negro Modelo as an ingredient? Interesting, so I'm thinking 1 beer for the soup and 11 for the cook? I'm not good at math, but bear with me cause I can only count up to 21, but that's if I'm naked.

Vesci, Crema chicken enchiladas??? Hummm grunt OOHHHHHH. I think you owe me that recipe.
Negro Modelo as an ingredient? Interesting, so I'm thinking 1 beer for the soup and 11 for the cook? I'm not good at math, but bear with me cause I can only count up to 21, but that's if I'm naked.

I'll PM you the recipe..

Chicken tortilla soup..

I'll post that recipe soon too.

J

P1010842.JPG
P1010845.JPG
P1010841.JPG

P1010848.JPG

P1010859.JPG

Split, please explain more.

One of those :doh: moments when being creative while glugging beer, should be pretty easy to do again, just need to keep a record next time.:lol:

Perfect combo of leftovers from yesterday for Texas chili; ground chuck, tomatoes, onions, Hatch (red in this case) chilis, and breakfast sausage....

Damn Split you gotta throw out the Hatch Chillis. Now I gots to go and roast something close to that

But I have a freezer full...And they go good with everything.:D

Gluging beer, I can't member but it sounds like I know what kinda frame of mind you were in.
I refer to it as creative juices, or multi tasking.

The oldest son put together a mix of leftover steak and tri tip sautéed in a Mexican sauce, mixed with a can of chili con carne sans beans, and poured it over rice with a little salsa. He served it with sliced flour tortillas. My little fart is catching on, and seems that he will not starve in jr college, and will prosper. He is also working on his presentation, just may surpass his ole man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom