Leftovers and Soup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So last year we decided to make a meal for every Seahawks game reflective of the team we were playing. Kind of fun. This year it is soup. Did a great pulled pork green chili for Denver, a steak soup that my son in law came up with for KC. I smoked some chicken for a San Diego soup I found, Smoked chicken, broccoli, and black bean soup. It was very good. Had some smoked chicken left over so last night I made chicken peanut stew using the smoked chicken, home grown onions, peppers, carrots and tomatoes. That was the bomb!! :princess: made some home made bread too so we had that both nights.

Chili for us yesterday with cornbread.

Mine--- ground buffalo with a buffalo ribeye chopped...
Hers--- ground turkey

J

P1030658.JPG
P1030660.JPG

Tortilla Soup tonight with leftover messican grilled chicken from the other night. Home made broth from my youngest, and in the freezer. Thawed it out, and boiled off some chicken scraps with onion, cilantro, and misc. spices. Will add some black beans, and frozen sweet corn (vac sealed from this summer) and maybe some instant rice to give it some body (as needed).

And my HACK, one can of Cambels cream of chicken, or chicken gravy. This is the part that makes you look like you know what you are doing in the kitchen. Hope I can remember to take some pics, and have my Tech Support help post'em.
-Jim

Yes, my food pics typically suck and this is a new low. Last night I used up some duck scraps from the freezer making broth, then I added carrots and peas and egg noodle bird-nests along with some secret ingredients. It somehow actually tasted Asian. I felt good about it.

IMG_5202.JPG

From the leftover pork butt...
Shredded and in the slow cooker;
NCM_0112.JPG

Scraps for the dogs;
NCM_0113.JPG

And Bacas green chili to toss in;
NCM_0111.JPG

should be ready in 3 hours...
NCM_0114.JPG

My new favorite camp quick soup. No need to add sirachi sauce they are perfectly spicy hot as is. Nearly as good as the bowl from our local Ramen resturant.
Nongshim, Shin Ramyun, 4.2 oz
3fb077d4-f1e6-4f04-bef3-e344f856ef43_1.5781c9fc328fda39c0be5b00be2053fe.jpeg

My new favorite camp quick soup. No need to add sirachi sauce they are perfectly spicy hot as is. Nearly as good as the bowl from our local Ramen resturant.
Nongshim, Shin Ramyun, 4.2 oz
3fb077d4-f1e6-4f04-bef3-e344f856ef43_1.5781c9fc328fda39c0be5b00be2053fe.jpeg

Our daughter is the expert on these, some of the stuff she brings home from Lee Lee's market is delicious.

The wife had lot'sa left over hamburger. Had her brown it in a skillet with S & P, and froze it. A few weeks later I used it to make an Enchilada Casserole - Messican Lasagna. Blended up 2 cans of tomatoes with green chilies (sort'a like Rotel), and threw it into a large pan with the burger. Heated it up, and started layering the concoction with flour tortillas. In one layer we used a can of Nacho Cheese soup that was mixed with only half of the required milk. Covered the last layer of tortillas with a little sauce and some grated cheese from the fridge. Baked it at 350 for 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour just to heat all the way through. Bam Done. Did not think of pic's until it was all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom