Leftovers and Soup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been off of work for 3 weeks now, and really trying to stretch out the budget. Right now working on different ways to use left over Tri Tip. Been down the chili route several times, now what?
-Jim

Lentil soup: A regular for us. Made some last week using leftover steak...tri-tip would work just as well. Saute onion, celery, carrot, garlic...then add the lentils, 1" more water than to cover; 20-30 minutes. Add diced potato (white or yam/sweet potato) near the end...then the meat.

Fast and cheap!

Shred or cube into small dice. Add to Ricotta, mozzarella, parm, herbs and an egg. Cook some large pasta shells, then stuff with the filling. Put some sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, then the shells, then more sauce. Bake till heated through. Basically using one thing that can be stretched into another that can be stretched.

Then there's always Hamburger Helper. :eek:

Supresso, Lentils sound greay, had not thought of them.

JVee, I'm gettin' your whole pasta idea, but covering with what kinda sauce. Italian red

JVee, I had posted a response, but I
I guess it did not go through. The question was Sauce/Gravy, Brown and bacony, red eye, or red Italian variations

JVee, I had posted a response, but I
I guess it did not go through. The question was Sauce/Gravy, Brown and bacony, red eye, or red Italian variations
Red spaghetti sauce since it is acidic to cut through the cheese. I'd think a gravy would be too heavy. You could still add some bacon :pig:!!!

This is the most appropriate thread I guess. Home made sausage with leftover pork tenderloin. Simmering in a marinara sauce all day. Going to pour over some pasta tonight.
IMG_20150125_093001249.jpg
IMG_20150125_100812101_HDR.jpg

This is the most appropriate thread I guess. Home made sausage with leftover pork tenderloin. Simmering in a marinara sauce all day. Going to pour over some pasta tonight.View attachment 1022420 View attachment 1022421

I have quite a bit of sauce left from yesterday. I see spaghetti and meatballs and chicken parmesan this week.

OH!! and LOVE what looks like an Old Hickory butcher knife you got there.

J

I honestly have no idea on the brand. My grandmother had it in her basement and I'm a knife freak, so I brought it home. Carbon steel and the sharpest knife I have ever used. It's my go to for everything. I'm sure my Henkels get mad. I wear a size large glove and size 12 rings for reference.
IMG_20150125_133011519.jpg
IMG_20150125_133023176.jpg
IMG_20150125_133039230.jpg

Reminds me of when I was a bachelor, and in college. We used to have cream of Wednesday burritos.

We just called it "fry it up with some eggs". Clean out the fridge, scramble with some eggs and dinner was served.

I've been sick this week and haven't had an appetite for anything, not even the chicken soup I so lovingly made myself. Tonight my stomach decided to make me its bitch through sudden cravings so I scrounged through the fridge for whatever I could find --- that became roasted potatoes with a kinda reverse-cordon bleu. Fontina cheese, spicy German mustard, chicken dark meat and deli ham.

IMG_3341.jpg
IMG_3342.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom