Leftovers and Soup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pot roast and scratch made buttermilk biscuits for sopping....

J

I guess that's where the old saying " if I had a biscuit, I'd sop some right up" mmmm

Local little Mexican meat mkt down the street has these boneless leg/thigh qtrs., that they put some mild seasoning. I always by extra, add my seasons, and throw on the grill.
The extra is used in sam witches, chicken enchaladas, and burittos.
Good left overs for me to take to work,
-Jim

Chicken vegetable and rice. Had a left over beer butt chicken...

Pretty tasty.

J

P1030553.jpg

P1030554.jpg

P1030571.jpg

No soup, but this was a mix of leftovers and whatever I had so I didn't have to run out in the rainstorm today at rush hour. Crawfish tails, black and black-eyed beans, carrots, onions, pasta, butter, and plenty of Tony Cachere's, Old Bay and assorted other seasonings. I even grated on some Romano. Surprisingly not bad for the identity crisis that it was.

IMG_2403.jpg

No soup, but this was a mix of leftovers and whatever I had so I didn't have to run out in the rainstorm today at rush hour. Crawfish tails, black and black-eyed beans, carrots, onions, pasta, butter, and plenty of Tony Cachere's, Old Bay and assorted other seasonings. I even grated on some Romano. Surprisingly not bad for the identity crisis that it was.

View attachment 920264

I love trash bowl/plate dishes....lazy, YET SATISFYING!

J

View attachment 920264

The audacity :flipoff2:

^ looks like it needs an egg on top :D Seriously, it looks tasty...I love simple all-in-one dinner plates like this!

I should know not to come in here when its lunch time, I'm at home and a trip to the grocery store is needed :D

I should know not to come in here when its lunch time, I'm at home and a trip to the grocery store is needed :D

D, since I work from home now... I am BAD... :princess: wants to go to the store 1-2 times a week... I want to go everyday and when I get there I want 2-3 meals.. :lol: . But I'm losing a little weight so I'LL CONTINUE THIS ROUTINE!! BUUUURRRRPPPP!

J

^ you're going to fit right in on the left coast ;)

Looks great J...er Andrea ;). Its been a while since I've made French Onion soup. As you know the caramelizing process, to do this soup justice, takes a considerable amount of time just for the onion portion. The best onion soup, flat out, I've ever had was at a now closed restaurant in Reno. The "broth" was a deep rich brown almost black color...presumably created by the long stock making process using bones, etc. I wish I had that recipe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom