LED Headlight Install, 2000lm each no external driver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think this may be a stupid question but these bulbs will fit the depo housings right? I am OEM but will be eventually going depo.

I was just looking at the depos, and they use H1 and H4 bulbs, not the 9005/9006 bulbs that we have on the US spec 80's. I suspect this means you would need to get H1/H4's and then re-wire the plugs.

I installed my low beams this morning, they went in easy and feel secure in the housing. The bulbs are significantly deeper than stock with that big fan and driver, but there is no fitment issue. The elongated plug wire actually makes it easier to connect.
20141030_113937.jpg
20141030_113122.jpg

20141030_113335.jpg

Last edited:
Jiminy Cricket, those are some big bulbs.......... I'm interested in the high beams, as I'm happy with my HID low beams right now.........any fitment issues there?

Just got paid today and the lights just got ordered. I'm super excited. I hate the factory yellowish dim bulbs our 80's came with. I wanted to go with the Depo's with the HID conversion. I love the look but the price was always going to be out of my price range. This was the perfect compromise. Thanks for posting the link.

Just got paid today and the lights just got ordered. I'm super excited. I hate the factory yellowish dim bulbs our 80's came with. I wanted to go with the Depo's with the HID conversion. I love the look but the price was always going to be out of my price range. This was the perfect compromise. Thanks for posting the link.

No problem :D

Ordered. How long did it take for yours to arrive? Someone should do a write up with photos of installation and aiming etc.

Mine took a few weeks since it came from China.

I'm sorry but I'm still confused, may have something to do with just getting out of emergency room at hospital and on heavy duty meds ! Trying to figure out which is high beam and which is low beam and I can't seem to find 1850 lumens on either of them.

There is this ebay page,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15130156914...9&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&campid=5337589904

offering them at $59.96 with following description,
DESCRIPTION
Product: 40w 2000lm 9006/HB5 Car Cree LED Headlight Kit Lamp Bulbs Light All In One

SKU: LEDHL-AIO-9006-40W

Condition: 100% brand new with original retail package

Certificate: CE, CCC

Package includes:

2x 9006/HB5 High Power genuine CREE-XM-L2Bulbs

2x LED cooling fans(built-in)

2 years warranty service

Item Specifics & Feature:

LED quantity: 4pcs (each bulb has 2 LEDs)

Power input: 12V-24V vehicles

Material: Aluminum

Color: Xenon White 6000K-6500K

Power: 40W

Lumens: 2000Lm/per bulb, 4000Lm/per kit

Beam Angle: 360°

Lifespan: > 50,000 Hours

Low Voltage Protection, High precision Constant Current Driver Chip

Great for ANY Application

Built in IC Circuit (Current Regulator)-Prevents LED Damage from Voltage Variations & Spikes

60% Less Power Consumption

Easy Plug and Play Installation

Then there are the following 2 pages; these for $81.69,
This one is for 9006

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31105186531...9&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&campid=5337589904

Item Description
Features:

1.Condition : 100% New

2.Color Temperature : 6500K

3.Socket Type : 9006

4.LED Type : CREE MTG

5.Voltage : DC12-24V

6.Beam Angle : 360'

7.Luminous : Hi 3200LM Per Bulb / Lo 2600LM Per Bulb

8.Power : Hi 36W Per Bulb / Lo:30W Per Bulb.

9.Socket Type Available : H4 H7 H8 H11 9005 9006 9007 H13

Package Included:

2 x 9006 Car LED Headlight

And this for 9005 HB3 H10 FOR $84.54

http://www.ebay.com/itm/32149794378...9&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&campid=5337589904

With this description,

Item Description
Features:

1.Condition : 100% New

2.Color Temperature : 6500K

3.Socket Type : 9005 H10

4.LED Type : CREE MTG

5.Voltage : DC12-24V

6.Beam Angle : 360'

7.Luminous : Hi 3200LM Per Bulb / Lo 2600LM Per Bulb

8.Power : Hi 36W Per Bulb / Lo:30W Per Bulb

9.Socket Type Available : H4 H7 H8 H11 9005 9006 9007 H13

Package Included:

2 x 9005 Car LED Headlight.

Again, I apologize but just trying to figure out which is low beam which is high ?, for a 1996 LX450, Thanks.

I just wanted to add my experience. I ordered the newest generation bulb from vleds.com It's a 3000lm and is efficient enough that it only has a heat-sink instead of a fan. So far they are great, they are much brighter than stock. My only real complaint is that I ordered the wrong color temp so they are more blue than I was hoping for, but that is my fault. Now the caveat, I installed these into my pickup, because I had put in a set of DEPO projector headlights, and since those projectors are designed for halogen bulbs I figured it would be the best way to test for the cruiser since light scatter is even more apparent through a projector, and I can happily say that there is no light scatter at all, the LED bulbs work perfectly in the halogen projectors and as such I would imagine they will work just fine in a reflector style headlight as well.

Irish. The first listing you put up is the one I bought.

Mine are in Flushing, NY. Once they make it down to Miami, maybe i'll do a write-up for those on the fence.

I now have both the low beam and high beam replaced, I am very happy with the results. Thanks for the research Steve.

I installed the high beam bulbs that mryanangel got.......they are stupid bright; but when I switch the high beams on, I can hear that fan working.......it's a bit disconcerting.........

I installed the high beam bulbs that mryanangel got.......they are stupid bright; but when I switch the high beams on, I can hear that fan working.......it's a bit disconcerting.........

Awesome!!! I have to get the highs now myself..lol

Is there a link to where you can buy these from a company in the states so it doesn't take 2 1/2 years to ship?

Is there a link to where you can buy these from a company in the states so it doesn't take 2 1/2 years to ship?

I've had items shipped from China and Australia. None took more than 2 weeks.

I'm at 3 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom