leaky brake cylinder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a flat today, pulled off the tire and fixed the tube.

I noticed radial fluid lines coming off the inside of the tire that looked like some sort of fluid, first though brake cylinder leaking...

However check the brake master cylinder and it was full...

brake cylinder leaking? or is this the rear axel leaking?

Thanks fellas

Destin

photossss
IMG_20130911_154205.jpg
IMG_20130911_154151.jpg

so brake master is full, pulled the fill plug on the dif full. fulled the breather cap, free and clear.

leaky rear bearing? heat induced? ( it is like 88 degrees here )
ok to drive it from seattle to portland and back if i keep an eye on the dif fluid?

Brake reservoirs remain full? How's the brake pedal feel? (probably axle seal)...

brakes feel a bit week, but i think i just need new pads and a adjustment...

not much brake fluid in the system i guess technically... that much spray would make me brakeless yeah?

If the brake reservoirs are not dropping, I would go with Pighead's assessment

Looks like the axle oil seal to me. Your brakes are weak because the axle oil is getting onto the braking surface. Not good to drive in that condition - if you have to brake hard, you will swerve to one side - especially if the road is wet!

Check your axle oil level - I'm guessing your running low in there!

Looks like the axle oil seal to me. Your brakes are weak because the axle oil is getting onto the braking surface. Not good to drive in that condition - if you have to brake hard, you will swerve to one side - especially if the road is wet!

Check your axle oil level - I'm guessing your running low in there!

yeap i think that is the culprit ( like mentioned earlier by Pighead )

Thanks fellas.

Cleaned the breathers, they were clear, some was coming out the breather of the wheel that was leaking. been 100 degree lately, thinking heat and just a tired seal.

Looks like no more road trips until i can get the parts to fix it lol.

Thanks again !

That is a lot of fluid leaking for the master to not be going down. Have you driven through any deep water? Drain the fluid from the rear end and if watery or milky might be able to replace with new thick gear oil.

Pull the wheel off and look at the wheel cylinders, easy job and it will answer your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom