Events/Trails LCDC9 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We will also be headed to Glacier after LCDC, hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Glacier is absolutely beautiful. I have camped there over two-dozen times, ten to fourteen days each time since the '70s. Be sure to get the new reservation pass that is now required. Unfortunately, the park has become so crowded, it is like someone kicked an ant hill. The Red Busses are a good way to get up to Logan Pass, as the parking lot is always full. Nice hike to Hidden Lake and worth the effort. Also, be sure to head up to the North Fork area all the way to Kintla Lake. The campground there right on the lake, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful in the country. The single track dirt road is an easy task for the LC. Have a full tank of gas. Be careful though, there are many blind turns and people tend to drive way too fast. Back in the '70s, the Mercantile served the North Fork area and still had that old-time flavor. Always smelled like kerosene. Now, it has become a bit too touristy for my taste. The sandwiches are excellent, so are the Huckleberry bear claws! The Northern Lights is interesting and the food is either five-star or gag me. Last time I ate there, they were playing some new-age weird music. After eating, my wife looked up and said: "I am angry! The music and the atmosphere has made me angry." I told her I was feeling the same way. Haven't eaten there since. If the Inside North Fork road is open from Fish Creek to Polebridge, it is another worthwhile drive that is an easy task for the LC. Every now and again, the road department will cover the roads with a new layer of crushed rock. It will shred your tires if not careful. If you have good AT tires, it should not be a problem. I have driven those roads hundreds of times and never had an issue but have seen many others with flats.

Glacier is absolutely beautiful. I have camped there over two-dozen times, ten to fourteen days each time since the '70s. Be sure to get the new reservation pass that is now required. Unfortunately, the park has become so crowded, it is like someone kicked an ant hill. The Red Busses are a good way to get up to Logan Pass, as the parking lot is always full. Nice hike to Hidden Lake and worth the effort. Also, be sure to head up to the North Fork area all the way to Kintla Lake. The campground there right on the lake, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful in the country. The single track dirt road is an easy task for the LC. Have a full tank of gas. Be careful though, there are many blind turns and people tend to drive way too fast. Back in the '70s, the Mercantile served the North Fork area and still had that old-time flavor. Always smelled like kerosene. Now, it has become a bit too touristy for my taste. The sandwiches are excellent, so are the Huckleberry bear claws! The Northern Lights is interesting and the food is either five-star or gag me. Last time I ate there, they were playing some new-age weird music. After eating, my wife looked up and said: "I am angry! The music and the atmosphere has made me angry." I told her I was feeling the same way. Haven't eaten there since. If the Inside North Fork road is open from Fish Creek to Polebridge, it is another worthwhile drive that is an easy task for the LC. Every now and again, the road department will cover the roads with a new layer of crushed rock. It will shred your tires if not careful. If you have good AT tires, it should not be a problem. I have driven those roads hundreds of times and never had an issue but have seen many others with flats.
Great post. Hit most of all those areas during a 4 week trip last year. The area is breathtaking to say the least. Glad I took time to research forest road routes for high clearance rigs and had backup plans for those routes cause those upper elevations stay snowed in for a long time. Boondocking camping with LC is a great way to avoid the touristy areas and crowds. Definitely going again.

Like a few years ago I'll be in Colorado the couple weeks before LCDC gets going, probably in SW corner. Will update as that gets closer with trail intel as I find it.

This will be a no go for me this year. Well for me trying to get in anyway. Bright side, no rejection letter this year and I’ll be sailing around and island hopping in the Caribbean. One day I’ll make it, one day.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Looks like we're already locked into Moab and PEI for our big trips this year. Everyone that goes is going to have an amazing time!

Late chiming in. Good to hear LCDC 9 will be going back to Fort Collins. It was a great event for LCDC 6 in Fort Collins. Also looking forward to LCDC X in Ouray. LCDC 7 in Ouray was my solo trip highlight. I piggy back that trip with wheelin in Moab.

Any email updates? Nothing I’ve seen.

Any email updates? Nothing I’ve seen.
I have not seen anything email wise either.

However this goes down in terms of having to limit participation or not, I'll be in Ft. Collins during the currently planned dates. I had to solidify summer vaca plans and dates on my end plus I was afraid of lodging unavailability if I waited so I booked vrbo in Oldtown. We'll be up in Minnesota, then the ND Banlands, then SD Black Hills, then Ft. Collins. If I get in with the cool kids for LCDC that will be awesome and if not, maybe, there will be some other B-Teamers to hang with on some trails. Or, we'll just wander around solo. Regardless, I'm stoked for this trip!

I have not seen anything email wise either.

However this goes down in terms of having to limit participation or not, I'll be in Ft. Collins during the currently planned dates. I had to solidify summer vaca plans and dates on my end plus I was afraid of lodging unavailability if I waited so I booked vrbo in Oldtown. We'll be up in Minnesota, then the ND Banlands, then SD Black Hills, then Ft. Collins. If I get in with the cool kids for LCDC that will be awesome and if not, maybe, there will be some other B-Teamers to hang with on some trails. Or, we'll just wander around solo. Regardless, I'm stoked for this trip!
I'm in the same boat. Locked down summer plans with some time at the end to do LCDC if able to participate. If not, will still be in the area and would definitely enjoy hitting some trails together.

We booked our trip for Durango>Telluride>Ouray>Lake City>Silverton for 7/21-7/30. So if any of you fund yourselves in the area on those dates feel free to reach out or possibly link up on the trails somewhere.

Just an FYI, if you use gmail, you may want to take a look in the Spam folder. I have received many of these emails and they are in my address book but it still got labeled as spam.

There was an announcement sent on March 10, but it was not a registration email. It was a pre-registration survey. As far as I know, there hasn't been a registration email sent yet, though I could be wrong. I have been regularly checking my spam folder and have not seen anything yet.

Just an FYI, if you use gmail, you may want to take a look in the Spam folder. I have received many of these emails and they are in my address book but it still got labeled as spam.

There was an announcement sent on March 10, but it was not a registration email. It was a pre-registration survey. As far as I know, there hasn't been a registration email sent yet, though I could be wrong. I have been regularly checking my spam folder and have not seen anything yet.
Same for LCDC stuff going to spam on google mail.

Hoping to get a slot, have a good friend living in Ft. Collins I’d need to drag out there with the group.

Anyone heard anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom