Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for dates. We’re in for sure. :clap:
Thanks for the feedback.

Thinking about doing a pre-order on T-shirts. But before I start working on artwork I'd like to know what you guys would like to wear:

1. Simple tonal artwork on a dark T
2. Color artwork on a dark T

and

A. Art center front, no back art
B. Small chest logo, artwork on back
We are planning to attend - just need to lock in some dates.
My pick is #3, with color artwork with small chest logo and artwork on the back.

E9C96C3A-BC7B-492B-BEC8-C0B88050B120.jpeg

Looking forward to making the Ouray, Co. Trip

Just got back from NH & Vt.

We made a little update to the website (200lcdc.com). Cody will update the first post soon but we're happy to announce the dates for the 2019 event: July 31st to August 3rd, 2019.

We'll kick things off with a happy hour or dinner on Wednesday night followed by trails on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We'll cap off the event with a dinner sponsored by Slee Offroad on Saturday night.

Blocked off those days. Extra Grey Poupon has been ordered.

@codyaustin5 (and everyone)...

Any chance we could start the event
JULY 31st at the earliest? July 31st is a Wednesday...seems like right in the ballpark for our typical schedule.

What do you think?

**Just throwin it out there as a hope since dates haven’t been mentioned yet. :)

I’m mostly posting to get updates on the thread but that date would be perfect for us, FWIW. Hoping to make it this year regardless.

Hello to all, The other day I had posted a question on the Overland/Expedition & TLCA pages on FB in regards to my wife and I's Health (Both have Cancer) and Never expected so many responses. One comment led me to the 200 LCDC group (I have a 2013 LC). The Question was in regards to My family just getting away from it all and taking a leisurely trip over towards Utah, New Mexico, Colorado ???; just to get a break from all this Medical care and let my family experience Beautiful Vistas and Breathtaking mountains in places we've never been (Currently in Tampa, FL for Medical care). Anyway...

Overlooking the LCDC page, this is something we would be interested in. Challenging yet doable for us if our strength and health remain (To early to tell but gives me strength to look forward to something, right). A Great Family road trip across the US to the west in which we have never done (Usually go to the Dominican Republic but we need a change of scenery :) ).

I usually don't post a lot but gain incredible knowledge from you fine folks on MUD and tend to build my Cruiser alone and slowly as there are not so many Cruisers around where I am or Knowledgeable shops; so when I'm up to it I tinker around and research a lot.

I would love to be able to meet up for a change and meet some other Cruiserheads and teach my Family there's more out there than Doctors.

A little about me is that I am somewhat Recently Retired from the Service (Army) and have missed many a family vacation and would love to make some great Memories on this trip to get some time back.

So as a newbie... Trying to piece together what I need to hopefully make this trip to Ouray as this looks like what I would love to do.

Is this strictly Camping? Hotels? Where do I need to look for information on booking if need be? Rough estimate of cost (Not to be nosey) and one important thing for us would be...Medical care if the need arises.

I see @Gene Lambert you are based in Florida and have quite the setup and a few trips under your belt. Any tips for this easterner and new Floridian?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies and information.

As for the Stickers/Patches/T-shirt; Id be keen on #2 or #3

Good Day yall.

There are plenty of places to stay in Ouray. Some folks go camping. My idea of camping is well furnished condo with a washer and dryer. Check out Expedia or the like for lodging costs in Ouray. I expect they run from inexpensive to pricey.

There are plenty of places to stay in Ouray. Some folks go camping. My idea of camping is well furnished condo with a washer and dryer. Check out Expedia or the like for lodging costs in Ouray. I expect they run from inexpensive to pricey.
Thanks for the reply, Never thought of Expedia yet for trail runs as I've yet to do one. Go figure. Got to use more Brain cells I suppose. Just wondering how the group performs together. (I.E) Hotels/Camp separately in the night and meet up break of dawn and rally to the trails. Thanks; Looking forward to a new experience.

I see @Gene Lambert you are based in Florida and have quite the setup and a few trips under your belt. Any tips for this easterner and new Floridian?

Good Day yall.

Take a look at the 'past events' on 200LCDC.com and you will see that not all participants have the setup that Gene Lambert has.

At the age of 69, I attended the 2017 event as a 1st timer with a stock 2015 LC (including P285/60R18 tires). Damage report: one tire with a damaged sidewall

2017 Breckenridge

In 2018, I attended the event with a set of sliders & 285/65R18 KO2 tires on my 2015 LC (and we did 'Black Bear' with a great trail leader & the assistance of an excellent spotter). Damage report: minor 'rash' on the stock front bumper & a couple of scratches to the powdercoat on the sliders.

2018 Telluride

Would I liked to have had a 2" lift and an aftermarket front bumper? Of course! Maybe in 2019.

I would like aftermarket skid plates, an aftermarket rear bumper, lockers ... but they are certainly not required to do many trails.

Beware ... if you try 'wheeling' your LC, you may like it. I did and the participants at the 200LCDC events were more than willing to help a 'newbie'.

In regards to medical care (if needed), there is a Level III trauma center in Montrose, CO (40 miles/45 min by vehicle from Ouray, CO). There is a Level II trauma center in Grand Junction, CO (100 miles/2 hours by vehicle) and multiple Level I trauma centers in Denver, CO.

@SANDBXS3V3N we would love to have you join us and so sorry to hear about you and your wife.

Ouray is absolutely beautiful and would be an amazing trip.

As mentioned above lodging is on your own. There is a mix of campers, hotels or rented places. Whatever suits you best. We have dedicated meeting times each morning before trail runs and we’ll have informal get togethers in the evening except for our larger sponsor dinners the first and last night.

There is no cost to attend just open to meeting new people and enjoying your 200 with like minded people.

Hopefully you can make it and look forward to meeting you and your wife. Cody

Take a look at the 'past events' on 200LCDC.com and you will see that not all participants have the setup that Gene Lambert has.

At the age of 69, I attended the 2017 event as a 1st timer with a stock 2015 LC (including P285/60R18 tires). Damage report: one tire with a damaged sidewall

2017 Breckenridge

In 2018, I attended the event with a set of sliders & 285/65R18 KO2 tires on my 2015 LC (and we did 'Black Bear' with a great trail leader & the assistance of an excellent spotter). Damage report: minor 'rash' on the stock front bumper & a couple of scratches to the powdercoat on the sliders.

2018 Telluride

Would I liked to have had a 2" lift and an aftermarket front bumper? Of course! Maybe in 2019.

I would like aftermarket skid plates, an aftermarket rear bumper, lockers ... but they are certainly not required to do many trails.

Beware ... if you try 'wheeling' your LC, you may like it. I did and the participants at the 200LCDC events were more than willing to help a 'newbie'.

In regards to medical care (if needed), there is a Level III trauma center in Montrose, CO (40 miles/45 min by vehicle from Ouray, CO). There is a Level II trauma center in Grand Junction, CO (100 miles/2 hours by vehicle) and multiple Level I trauma centers in Denver, CO.

Thank you for the Info, This was extremely helpful. I'm in the middle of a build, I few things here a few things there; Just need time to install everything my porch has sitting on it. I hope we are well enough to travel as I'm already excited and looking forward to something new for our family.

@SANDBXS3V3N we would love to have you join us and so sorry to hear about you and your wife.

Ouray is absolutely beautiful and would be an amazing trip.

As mentioned above lodging is on your own. There is a mix of campers, hotels or rented places. Whatever suits you best. We have dedicated meeting times each morning before trail runs and we’ll have informal get togethers in the evening except for our larger sponsor dinners the first and last night.

There is no cost to attend just open to meeting new people and enjoying your 200 with like minded people.

Hopefully you can make it and look forward to meeting you and your wife. Cody

Great Information and exactly what I was looking for. kind of a do your own thing and get together with others all at the same time. sounds great. I hope we are well enough to travel as well. time will tell. look forward to meeting new people as well. Thank you.

I'm in with my lovely wife! My wife and I would like to camp. Is there a specific area where the LCDC crew will be camping?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom