Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a real possibility, anyone come off the east coast?

We usueally have a number of east coasters...
Virginia...New Jersey...New York and more.

Come on over!

I'm getting to the radio portion of my build. On these events, what systems do people usually run? HAM, GMRS/FRS, CB, etc? Thanks!

We’ve done some combination over the past couple years. In 2018 it seemed like most of the group had ham licenses so we defaulted to ham and gave non licensed folks radios for listening only.

Otherwise, FRS/GMRS. Few seem to have CB these days.

Can anyone recommend a campground nearby?

Also, any California 200s (@ethernectar @indycole @Markuson ?) want to get started on a group plan for getting there?

I always stay at Camp Sites – 4J+1+1 RV Park & Campground The bathrooms are clean and it is inside of town. It's also a short walk to the hot springs if you want to do that. There are several others

The 4J isnt taking reservations until late November for next Summer. That is where I plan on staying. Once I get a spot I will post up the site number.

I'll be in my Kimberley in an electrical hook up site (Hopefully)

We’ve done some combination over the past couple years. In 2018 it seemed like most of the group had ham licenses so we defaulted to ham and gave non licensed folks radios for listening only.

Otherwise, FRS/GMRS. Few seem to have CB these days.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

I always stay at Camp Sites – 4J+1+1 RV Park & Campground The bathrooms are clean and it is inside of town. It's also a short walk to the hot springs if you want to do that. There are several others

The 4J isnt taking reservations until late November for next Summer. That is where I plan on staying. Once I get a spot I will post up the site number.

I'll be in my Kimberley in an electrical hook up site (Hopefully)

I have mostly camped at ridgeway state park. It’s about 10 miles from Ouray but the views are fantastic and the lake is nice for the kiddos.

With no kiddos I like being in walking distance from the Brewery :D

BTW - most on the runs we did last year either had HAM or we leant them Ham.

Can anyone recommend a campground nearby?

Also, any California 200s (@ethernectar @indycole @Markuson ?) want to get started on a group plan for getting there?

We'll be taking a couple extra days to get there with a night at Mesa Verde and another night along the way that is TBD. Its possible that we could meet up for the last leg in but we're keeping our planning a little loose for the last day or so.

Hello to all, The other day I had posted a question on the Overland/Expedition & TLCA pages on FB in regards to my wife and I's Health (Both have Cancer) and Never expected so many responses. One comment led me to the 200 LCDC group (I have a 2013 LC). The Question was in regards to My family just getting away from it all and taking a leisurely trip over towards Utah, New Mexico, Colorado ???; just to get a break from all this Medical care and let my family experience Beautiful Vistas and Breathtaking mountains in places we've never been (Currently in Tampa, FL for Medical care). Anyway...

Overlooking the LCDC page, this is something we would be interested in. Challenging yet doable for us if our strength and health remain (To early to tell but gives me strength to look forward to something, right). A Great Family road trip across the US to the west in which we have never done (Usually go to the Dominican Republic but we need a change of scenery :) ).

I usually don't post a lot but gain incredible knowledge from you fine folks on MUD and tend to build my Cruiser alone and slowly as there are not so many Cruisers around where I am or Knowledgeable shops; so when I'm up to it I tinker around and research a lot.

I would love to be able to meet up for a change and meet some other Cruiserheads and teach my Family there's more out there than Doctors.

A little about me is that I am somewhat Recently Retired from the Service (Army) and have missed many a family vacation and would love to make some great Memories on this trip to get some time back.

So as a newbie... Trying to piece together what I need to hopefully make this trip to Ouray as this looks like what I would love to do.

Is this strictly Camping? Hotels? Where do I need to look for information on booking if need be? Rough estimate of cost (Not to be nosey) and one important thing for us would be...Medical care if the need arises.

I see @Gene Lambert you are based in Florida and have quite the setup and a few trips under your belt. Any tips for this easterner and new Floridian?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies and information.

As for the Stickers/Patches/T-shirt; Id be keen on #2 or #3

Good Day yall.

Hey Army!

Congrats on LC 200,

We have something in common, finished my Cancer treatment and hopefully I’m okay.

I already booked my room in Ouray, Co. I can camp but after the long driving trip from Florida I want a room & hot shower.

Looking forward to the trip with the group LCDC.

Stay well!

Gene
Retired USMC

I'm getting to the radio portion of my build. On these events, what systems do people usually run? HAM, GMRS/FRS, CB, etc? Thanks!

HAM works far better than FRS or CB.

Hey Army!

Congrats on LC 200,

We have something in common, finished my Cancer treatment and hopefully I’m okay.

I already booked my room in Ouray, Co. I can camp but after the long driving trip from Florida I want a room & hot shower.

Looking forward to the trip with the group LCDC.

Stay well!

Gene
Retired USMC

Thanks Gene,

I'm glad the Cancer Treatment is over and yes I hope your doing well. I hope my family will be by the time the Trip comes up. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm looking for places to stay in Ouray now. The hot shower is a plus, but the beds would be welcomed after this long drive.

You stay well also and thanks for your Service and Happy Veterans day too you.

Robert.

Well I'm booked at the Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs resort (July 31 - Aug 4). looks like a good place. In the planning stages now as there are many things to account for my family. Plan on travelling there slow and steady at this point. Hope it comes together.

Planning to make the trek from Pittsburgh, PA.
Would be nice to convoy if possible.
Would usually love convoys as I've done a few in my day; but with my me unsure 100% of the trip at this point and planning on a snails pace visiting family along the way it would be impractical for the first half of the trip. unsure of a meet up place to consider a convoy as it would put us out of way for practicality. But if we cross paths along the way; who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom