Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@codyaustin5 (and everyone)...

Any chance we could start the event
JULY 31st at the earliest? July 31st is a Wednesday...seems like right in the ballpark for our typical schedule.

What do you think?

**Just throwin it out there as a hope since dates haven’t been mentioned yet. :)
We haven’t looked at specific dates but we will keep that in mind. :)

We haven’t looked at specific dates but we will keep that in mind. :)

I’m just one truck, so obviously just a hope.

Gotta do whatever makes sense for all involved of course.

Schedule permitting I'm in. We have a new to us 2016. Anytime in early August is best.

I’ve watched this go by two years in a row. Not going to miss another one.

For the uninitiated - how does it work? Will there be different trails by skill level / capability?

Interesting

For the uninitiated - how does it work? Will there be different trails by skill level / capability?

We've done it a little differently each year but generally there's a specified meetup time and place and then we figure it out from there. There are usually suggested itineraries but they're just suggestions. We'll share more details on how this year will be organized closer to the event, but in general most of the trails in the Ouray area are moderate and all have been run in stock vehicles.

We've done it a little differently each year but generally there's a specified meetup time and place and then we figure it out from there. There are usually suggested itineraries but they're just suggestions. We'll share more details on how this year will be organized closer to the event, but in general most of the trails in the Ouray area are moderate and all have been run in stock vehicles.

Thanks Cole!

I’ve watched this go by two years in a row. Not going to miss another one.

Most Ouray trails are technically pretty straight forward. -A few somewhat tricky spots here and there, but mostly just cases of slowing down and taking direction from a spotter if you ever feel the need.

You can always choose trails and groups that you are comfortable with. Remember, too, that it’s always an option to closely mimic the trail lines of the truck in front of you without drama...and it’s ALWAYS fine to ask for a spotter in any situation you feel is a stretch.

Since we’ll all be on radios, you’ll always have the ability to hear from those in front of you and behind you when tips are helpful. We are all happy to spot each other, or simply take a pause to clarify.

Bottom line in Ouray is to stay alert and avoid distraction while driving. If you do that, you’ll be fine and have an absolute blast.

Lastly... Slee Off-road usually does an instructional trail, where the specific goal is to help newer drivers with the basics we ALL need to remember.

If still feeling iffy? Totally ok. You’ll find a huge leap in confidence after day one. :)

I’ll look forward to meeting you! :steer:

Markuson

@codyaustin5 (and everyone)...

Any chance we could start the event
JULY 31st at the earliest? July 31st is a Wednesday...seems like right in the ballpark for our typical schedule.

What do you think?

**Just throwin it out there as a hope since dates haven’t been mentioned yet. :)

The later the better for us, I think. July 31st is OK, but August 7th or 14th is even better.

The last couple years we've driven out mid-week and then immediately hit the trails, which makes for 4 or 5 days of ass-in-seat time (2 days of driving, 2 days of trails, and then another day for driving to the next location). Also my kids go to camp in 2 week stints, so July 31 means they miss half a week (or a full week if we leave early).
  • If it's Aug 7th we'd do Rocky Mountain NP and then the LCDC, then continue on to Canyonlands NP and swing back to the Great Sand Dunes before heading back home.
  • If it's Aug 14th we'd do it in reverse, visiting Rocky Mountain NP, Great Sand Dunes NP, maybe Canyonlands NP again in Moab, and then finish up with the LCDC.
I realize we're just one of the ~40 or so who come to the LCDC though.

Putting it on my list, I spent a week with my son and a handful of club members running all the trails the week after the Summit July 2016 and had a great time. I'm eager to go back and this sounds like a great time to meet the group of guys here in the forum :cheers:

New owner and new to all of this but I am very interested. I would love to work with a group to gain skill, knowledge and confidence.

Perfect trip for exactly that.
Come on over! :)

Most Ouray trails are technically pretty straight forward. -A few somewhat tricky spots here and there, but mostly just cases of slowing down and taking direction from a spotter if you ever feel the need.

You can always choose trails and groups that you are comfortable with. Remember, too, that it’s always an option to closely mimic the trail lines of the truck in front of you without drama...and it’s ALWAYS fine to ask for a spotter in any situation you feel is a stretch.

Since we’ll all be on radios, you’ll always have the ability to hear from those in front of you and behind you when tips are helpful. We are all happy to spot each other, or simply take a pause to clarify.

Bottom line in Ouray is to stay alert and avoid distraction while driving. If you do that, you’ll be fine and have an absolute blast.

Lastly... Slee Off-road usually does an instructional trail, where the specific goal is to help newer drivers with the basics we ALL need to remember.

If still feeling iffy? Totally ok. You’ll find a huge leap in confidence after day one. :)

I’ll look forward to meeting you! :steer:

Markuson

Thanks for this. Makes it sound possible, even for me, whose only driving experience in Colorado is on I-70 . :bounce:

Can’t wait for this. I couldn’t make Breck with the new job and nature of it. I had a scheduling conflict for Telluride but hopefully 2019 is the year. Would love to meet you guys and learn some more things on the trails.

Thanks for this. Makes it sound possible, even for me, whose only driving experience in Colorado is on I-70 . :bounce:

You’ll be fine. My only off-roading experience before last year’s LCDC was driving on the beach. Pay attention, watch the road not the scenery, and take your time.

So is there an actually date selected yet, or still tentative? Is it just a show up kind of gathering? Web link? Ah. 200s. Are 60s welcome.

Thanks much.
Chris

So is there an actually date selected yet, or still tentative? Is it just a show up kind of gathering? Web link?

Thanks much.
Chris

It’s still 10 months away. :)
Details will emerge...
Usually it’s late July/early August...starting on a Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom