LC200 vs LX570 Tailgate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

terrapin

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello, I currently drive an LX470 and the tailgate is one of my favorite features. I know that the 200 Series LC and LX have a shorter tailgate, but is there any other size and shape difference between the two. I could only find one brief reference that the LX had a shorter "reach over" height when you open the hatch.

Not sure what you are exactly asking. Is it if the tailgate is the same size on the 200 series LX and LC? I’m fairly sure up until 2015 they are exactly the same. I can’t imagine they at different for 2016+ but not sure.

Yes, are the 200 series LC and LX tailgates the same size.

It depends on the year. For the first Gen example 2009 year Lx has reverse lights in the tailgate tlc has them on the fender. Lx has a soft open tailgate. Tlc doesn't. Lx has a power upper open tlc doesn't
General shape and size the same.

Agreed with others. Exact same size.

I came from an LX470 and I found no meaningful size differences between the 100 to 200 series tailgates. As functional as ever.

Some more subtle differences between 100 to 200, and LX570 unique features.
  1. 100-series is pure mechanical. With a satisfying metal/full mechanical latch
  2. 200-series has more plastic covers and electronics involved. Still feels as durable as ever, but not solid bolt action type satisfying a la 100-series.
  3. LX570 (I believe LC200 as well) tailgate has an electro-mechanical latch function that will ratchet things closed so no chance of not closing fully. Upper hatch is also electronic-mechanical.
  4. LX570 upper hatch is powered. Which is nice as it has remote open/close buttons on the keyfob and drivers position. This also allows one to car camp in the rear cargo hold and have a nice way to get out via fob. LC200 folks have aftermarket support to add a release on the inside of the rear hatch (which can be done likely on the LX too).
  5. 200-series has 2 storage cubbies built into the tailgate. One side holds a factory took kit and jack/tire iron stuff.
  6. LX570 get a soft open function on the tailgate. LC's can retrofit

1. LX570 (I believe LC200 as well) tailgate has an electro-mechanical latch function that will ratchet things closed so no chance of not closing fully.

The LC did not get that feature until they got the electronic opening/closing tail gate in 2018. The tail gate on prior LCs will not latch itself shut unless you manually do it all the way.

Thanks TeCKis300. Can the LX/LC hatch be opened from the inside, or do you need the fob or aftermarket hatch release?

I compared my LX470 tailgate to a 200 LC and the 100 is about 3 inches longer when opened (front to back) and just seem bigger and roomier than the 200. As much as I use the tailgate this is almost becoming a deal breaker for me.

Alternately you can install just about any momentary switch but the cruiser outfitter kit is damn near OEM in appearance and function.

Perhaps the difference in reach over height is because you can put the LX suspension in low mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom