LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On the PX6, going into Install Set and entering 8861 allows you to change additional options. The standby setting isn't in there though.
Yeah, it's a disappointment, but in reality, the OS is fully booted and connected to wifi by the time I get out of the garage. I'm still hoping they'll add it back with a future update...but I won't hold my breath for that.

Well, I’m a bit sheepish after just now discovering this thread and seeing you guys have already done this.. you guys know much more than I, as I just copped out and had Cartoys install it for me.
Congrats guys!
I’ll watch this thread to see if I can contribute to folk’s questions on setup and troubleshooting, as there is no manual and I’m learning the hard way.
No shame in having it installed professionally...always better safe than sorry. I'm actually moving to Boulder next month and was planning on going to cartoys to talk about a custom sub box. Do you recommend them? Online reviews are kind of hit or miss with them.

Afternoon guys. I’m several pages into the installation manual and have an open request to those who have been using the software and apps for a little while now. Can you private message me this week or next and send a few blurbs of your experiences with apps & the OS and I will add them to the installation and operation manual?

I’m focusing immediately on the initial installation with cabling, brackets and fitment. Step two will be interface and controls. Thx

No shame in having it installed professionally...always better safe than sorry. I'm actually moving to Boulder next month and was planning on going to cartoys to talk about a custom sub box. Do you recommend them? Online reviews are kind of hit or miss with them.
I do recommend Cartoys Boulder - Nick the manager and Nick the installer are very knowledgeable, helpful, reasonable, and good guys to work with . They introduced me to the Android radio. Tell em Norwood sent you. They’ll treat you right.

Haven't read the 100 pages... yet.

But, if this setup is plug-and-plag... It'll be in my To-Do list... Looks great

I installed it last night and it worked great. Is there something in particular you want to see?
A video of two finger zoom, rotate, gestures, etc would be awesome

Wow that's awesome. And you zoomed right into my 'hood! That seems snappy as heck. Thanks!!
No problem at all. It's a fun app to mess around with as long as you have a solid data connection. That demo was done via wifi hotspot on a Verizon 4G LTE phone, so it should be fairly accurate in terms of real-world performance.

P.S. Sorry if it looked like I was trying to peep in your windows there...I knew you were in San Jose, but the neighborhood was just luck.

No problem at all. It's a fun app to mess around with as long as you have a solid data connection. That demo was done via wifi hotspot on a Verizon 4G LTE phone, so it should be fairly accurate in terms of real-world performance.

P.S. Sorry if it looked like I was trying to peep in your windows there...I knew you were in San Jose, but the neighborhood was just luck.
Lol! So Google Earth should have an offline cache. After you explore the area a bit, if you disconnect the wifi it should still show the 3d tiles.

I use it to cache off-road areas before wheeling, then I have .kml or .gpx overlays that show where trails are. Important for BLM land.

Lol! So Google Earth should have an offline cache. After you explore the area a bit, if you disconnect the wifi it should still show the 3d tiles.

I use it to cache off-road areas before wheeling, then I have .kml or .gpx overlays that show where trails are. Important for BLM land.
Yeah, it definitely does keep a local cache, because my neighborhood loaded a bit quicker. I haven't checked to see whether it persists after a reboot, although I don't see why it wouldn't.

Thanks again to all the pioneers on this mod!

Curious if anyone has been able to use Gaia Navigation app?

Last edited:
My factory touch screen just cracked in my 2006, so I am considering this big screen alternative to the $300 repair to my factory antiquated system.

My main questions:

1. has anyone gotten this to work with the factory reverse camera?

2. Is it mostly plug and play?

3. does this integrate well with the hands-free cell phone use?

4. anybody ran one of these long enough to see if they fail or are very reliable? The factory setup is old and simple, but it did work well for 220,000 miles without issue until the screen cracked from temp swings one day.

5. Does it have an FM/AM/Sirius-XM tuner already installed or does it have to run an app?

Last edited:
My factory touch screen just cracked in my 2006, so I am considering this big screen alternative to the $300 repair to my factory antiquated system.

My main questions:

1. has anyone gotten this to work with the factory reverse camera?

2. Is it mostly plug and play?

3. does this integrate well with the hands-free cell phone use?

4. anybody ran one of these long enough to see if they fail or are very reliable? The factory setup is old and simple, but it did work well for 220,000 miles without issue until the screen cracked from temp swings one day.

I installed mine on 6/23. Obviously not enough time to tell the longevity of the device. My guess is that it won't be as reliable as the factory HU.

It is mostly plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom