Later model seat extensions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you mount the seat to the strut and then slid it on the slider or were you able to completely assemble it on a bench and then mount it in all in one piece? Thanks!

1. Cut and mount the strut to the seat.
2. Mount the stock slider to the strut.
3. Re-install the whole assembly by bolting the bottom of the slider back to its original position on the tub.

It's easy to do - the strut is just a middleman between the slider and seat, it lets the seat bolt on farther back on the slider to begin with.

1. Cut and mount the strut to the seat.
2. Mount the stock slider to the strut.
3. Re-install the whole assembly by bolting the bottom of the slider back to its original position on the tub.

It's easy to do - the strut is just a middleman between the slider and seat, it lets the seat bolt on farther back on the slider to begin with.
Any other pics of this installation?

Similar DIY idea
CE6F9635-9BCD-47CB-8533-EB47F7C3DF9F.jpeg

Any other pics of this installation?

Only the ones I posted in this already (in post #19 above).

I have since then replaced my stock seats and the adapters with ProCar 90 seats, that have way more adjustment room than the stock ones.

Last edited:
Only the ones I posted in this already (in post #19 above).

I have since then replaced my stock seats and the adapters with ProCar 90 seats, that have way more adjustment room than the stock ones.
Do you love the ProCar?

Do you love the ProCar?

Yes! So much more comfortable than my stock seats, still with their original foam. The stock seats would leave my back and legs hurting after a few hours of driving. The ProCars have dense and supportive foam. The only real downside is that you sit higher on them, and that is a mixed blessing for me - gives me more leg room for the clutch and gas pedals, but makes it harder to see stop lights at intersections.

Yes! So much more comfortable than my stock seats, still with their original foam. The stock seats would leave my back and legs hurting after a few hours of driving. The ProCars have dense and supportive foam. The only real downside is that you sit higher on them, and that is a mixed blessing for me - gives me more leg room for the clutch and gas pedals, but makes it harder to see stop lights at intersections.
Do you have the old brackets that I can purchase? The seat extensions.

Actually, you didn’t do the custom ones you use the c channel I think, correct?

Do you have the old brackets that I can purchase? The seat extensions.

Gave them away with the stock seats, sorry.

Actually, you didn’t do the custom ones you use the c channel I think, correct?

Yes, I just used unistrut (c-channel). Way easier than making custom brackets, for the late-style seat mounts. They raise your seat height by 1" or so, which actually helps with pedal height for tall people like me. Plus allows you to move the seat back several inches further.

Yes, I just used unistrut (c-channel). Way easier than making custom brackets, for the late-style seat mounts. They raise your seat height by 1" or so, which actually helps with pedal height for tall people like me. Plus allows you to move the seat back several inches further.
Perfect, I’ll give it a try

Did you just run long bolts to hit the holes in the strut?

Did you just run long bolts to hit the holes in the strut?

No need for long bolts - the stock rail mount bolts fit fine in the strut channel and bolt the strut to the tub. Then you just bolt the seat rail to the top of the strut, further back, using the captive nuts made for the unistrut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom