last year for for the I6 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brian

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
so i need/want a tow vehicle for the quads. i was thinking a tundra(with the 8 of course!!), but having never had a new truck payment to make, i don't really want one now either.

so i'm now thinking 80 series, and i want the inline motor.
so what was the last yr they had the 6?

didn't all 80's come with an I6?

In the US all 80 series vehicles came with gasoline powered, straight 6 cylinder engines. 3FE 155 HP in 91-92 and 1FZFE 212 hp in 93-97

Brian,
Of course, we would love to see you get an 80, but IMHO, the Tundra would make a better tow vehicle. Throw on a cap and you have a very nice truck with more towing capacity than an 80. You woudn't have to buy a new one.
-B-

i know the tundra would make a better tow truck,but i'm not dealing with a lot of weight. 1200#'s tops. the 40 handles it ok, but i don't want to wear that out just draging the bikes around.
bodystyling is important to me and i don't really care much about the new stuff(cruiser or the pickups, big or small).
what i do like is the lines of the 80 series. and i think(or hope!!) that one of those would do what i want reasonably well.
plus the thought of having a cruiser from each of the past three decades parked in front of the house is pretty cool.

The LC will be a good choice for you. I use mine to tow my Samurai on a trailer with no problem. It is also a multipurpose for you can use it to tow your quads, pull your quads when they get stuck or just use the LC to go offroading where quads can't go. :D

The 80 would be great for towing quads. I tow both a 3500lb boat and snowmobiles. For the boat the 80 benifits from mods. ie., supercharger and 4.88s. But for two snowmobiles the 80 in its stock configuration is exellent.
Sean

My 91 sucks for towing.

Best mod to improve this was the purchase of my Sierra.

If you tow, go late model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom