LandTank's Seat Rail Extension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Btw, anyone considering this mod and thinking about my Fire Extinguisher Mount, take a look at the difference in the room around the mount due to the addition of LT's extensions.

Without:
image.jpg

And with (soo much nicer with LT's extensions):
image.jpg

@landtank thank you sir for the quick reply

I removed the footrest in my old FJ62 to help give some room, so I did the same this morning to to my FJ80. I will keep looking for a mod for the manual seat rails and post what I find.

I am 6'7" and it is tight in this vehicle without the Seat Mod...it is even a bit tight in my 2006 LC. I guess I fall in to the giant category, but one of the guys who works on my cruiser, who is not as tall as I am (6'3"), is getting a pair as well. He sat in my truck and l loved the extra room.
Umm... You might have leg room issues in whatever vehicle you sit in...just saying the average height of men around 5'9 ...

I just got the original LandTank seat brackets from Wit's End for $150. I tried getting them direct but now the originals are only available from Wit's End. I did not like the idea of using a rip off made brand that copied landtank with no deal for landtank.
I did not want the bad karma in my FZJ 80.
Thanks for the invention LandTank:)

Hey has anyone made a video of the install for this seat bracket extension?

I read the PDF instructions and all, but a video would be nice.

I just got the original LandTank seat brackets from Wit's End for $150. I tried getting them direct but now the originals are only available from Wit's End. I did not like the idea of using a rip off made brand that copied landtank with no deal for landtank.
I did not want the bad karma in my FZJ 80.
Thanks for the invention LandTank:)

Hey has anyone made a video of the install for this seat bracket extension?

I read the PDF instructions and all, but a video would be nice.

AFAIK the Wits' End / Landtank merger was deliberate and amicable - no rip off. Wits' End products are fantastic in my experience, the service, support, and packaging are hard to beat.

Either way the extensions are worth it for taller front seaters.

I'm not sure if there's a video Wits' End has PDF instructions on the product page (80 Series Seat Extension Bracket Kit)

my $0.02

AFAIK the Wits' End / Landtank merger was deliberate and amicable - no rip off. Wits' End products are fantastic in my experience, the service, support, and packaging are hard to beat.

Either way the extensions are worth it for taller front seaters.

I'm not sure if there's a video Wits' End has PDF instructions on the product page (80 Series Seat Extension Bracket Kit)

my $0.02

Woah :p

Wits' End (me), acquired AJIK (Josh), who was distributor for Landtank (Rick).

Has anyone installed these in the Mission Viejo, CA area that wouldn’t mind letting me sit in the vehicle to gauge comfort/headroom for myself? I’d be happy to compensate with a case of beer of choice for the opportunity...

Has anyone installed these in the Mission Viejo, CA area that wouldn’t mind letting me sit in the vehicle to gauge comfort/headroom for myself? I’d be happy to compensate with a case of beer of choice for the opportunity...

The net result is you are moving the mechanical movement from the front and moving it all back 2” and raising the overall seat by 3/4”

I’m a little too far North of you ;)

If you decide you like them I have one, poss two pair I would sell .I replaced my seats a few months ago.

The net result is you are moving the mechanical movement from the front and moving it all back 2” and raising the overall seat by 3/4”

I’m a little too far North of you ;)

The 2” back sounds perfect, but the ¾” up worries me. I sit in an upright position (necessary for my back since L5/S1 decompression surgery a few years back) and my head is within about a ½” of the headliner.

The 2” back sounds perfect, but the ¾” up worries me. I sit in an upright position (necessary for my back since L5/S1 decompression surgery a few years back) and my head is within about a ½” of the headliner.

That’s with the seat all the way down?

the raise in the seat is only at the front so the motor can clear the hump in the floor. The rear of the seat is still bolted to the floor. So there is a slight slope to the rails after the mod is installed. And with the seat back the full 2" and the slope of the rails you actually have more head room.

Holy F-ing sh*t why didn't I do this mod sooner.. what a game changer. I am at least 6'3, had the parts since beginning of the year and just now did the job for an upcoming long trip to Sedona.

Instructions aren't perfectly clear, take time to read and check photos. I screwed up and didn't grind both the upper and lower rail stops (forgot the one on the slide) and was banging my head. Anyhow.. done now and worth it.

Just found this thread...adding to the "To-Do" list!
Definitely buying the hardware when I pull the trigger, thanks!

Just found this thread...adding to the "To-Do" list!
Definitely buying the hardware when I pull the trigger, thanks!
The electric seats kinda suck. I also procrastinated on this project for a year with the parts on hand. Definitely worthwhile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom