LandTank's Seat Rail Extension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Land Tank
Are you still shipping these?

Jumping into this thread v late, but curious - do the extenders/risers affect the pitch of the seat? I just bought a '96 FJ80 and am tall enough to really want these as long as they don't pitch me forward or backward.

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

J

ps - I see both LandTank ($140) and CruiserParts ($99), appearing to look v similar. Any experience with one versus the other?

The extenders at Cruiserparts are indeed mine. However that looks like an old price. You would want to call them to check it out.

And the kit does raise the front up by 3/4". That is necessary for the motor assembly to clear the floor hump.

Yes it does. You will lose a little room in the back seat, but if you are 6' + you will gain leg room and be able to stretch your arms out.

Landtank, why don't you work on a fix for moving the second row seats back some. Looks like those could be raised a couple of inches which would allow them to be shifted back a couple of inches to provide more second row clearance. There's plenty of head room, so raising them shouldn't be a problem. What do ya think?

Thank you both, going to order some up I don't mind a three-quarter inch lift if my legs can stretch out.

Sent from my SGH-M919

The loss in leg room didn't affect my little ones at the time. At 7 he still wouldn't be bothered much if I still had the LC. They had more fun riding in the 3rd row anyway. Never had an adult ride in the 2nd row so I don't know how that would have worked out.

At 5'11", I drive my stock LX450 with the seat all the way back. I have never done this with any other car -- I am pretty much average height. I would think that depending on body type, anyone over 6' tall would want seat extensions. As for raising the seat a tiny bit, I don't think that will be a huge issue. The power seats raise and lower forward and aft, so they can still be trimmed properly. There should be enough head room unless you are approaching 6'8" or so.

I've got growing kids and like the idea of second row seat brackets.

I am 6'1 and loved not smacking my knee caps on the steering column any more after the install.

I second the second row investigation - I've contemplated removing them to have cargo space / third row only option. seems like a piggyback or barback style mount might work there, but I'm not an expert

The second row is a tumble design and latches to the floor when made into the seat. I'll take a quick look but I'm thinking it's rather involved.

Just looking at it, it doesn't appear to be overly complicated. The seat clamps down into a bent bar that is bolted to the floor board. Remove that and bolt a piece of bracketry down into those existing holes. The bracketry would contain tapped holes to receive the relocated factory bent bar you removed. Same thing on the front attachment points, fabricate brackets that you bolt the seat to and bolt those brackets to the existing mounting hole locations. This preserves the factory function of the seats and it just Appears to be a matter of working out the geometry for the brackets.

Just looking at it, it doesn't appear to be overly complicated. The seat clamps down into a bent bar that is bolted to the floor board. Remove that and bolt a piece of bracketry down into those existing holes. The bracketry would contain tapped holes to receive the relocated factory bent bar you removed. Same thing on the front attachment points, fabricate brackets that you bolt the seat to and bolt those brackets to the existing mounting hole locations. This preserves the factory function of the seats and it just Appears to be a matter of working out the geometry for the brackets.

bumping this thread - my rear seat passengers keep complaining. anyone interested in working on a rear seat bracket? I'm not a fabricator but I would definitely put in for some.

Would also be interested n a way to move the second row back a bit. I DONT have the landtank front seat kit, but I fit pretty comfortably (6'2) in our 80 already, but with adults in the back seat its not so nice for them.

Seriously! My 3y.o. uses the front seat as a foot rest. My xb had way more leg room than my 80. I wish there was something for the 2nd row as well. LT?

I'm going to start a "Gauging interest' thread on this to get a feel for how many people would be serious buyers for this mod, so anyone who might be interested in coming up with a design and fabricating it, has a feel for the numbers and whether it would be a worthwhile endeavor for them.

Hey guys, sorry for bringing up an old thread but figured it was easier than starting a new one.

Tried doing this mod last night on a friends truck, got everything done as needed but we cannot get the bearings to slide in at all, any recommendations?

Thanks
Mike

The bearings have to skid into position as they are travelling in a different area. I bump the rail with my hand to help it along.

If it's more than that make sure the rework was performed properly and the correct nubs were ground flush. Also make sure the bearing assemblies are located in the correct spots on the rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom