LandCruiser Mechanics on Vancouver Island? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did thanks. Dwight at Kroffat. I heard of him a couple of years ago, but posts here reiterated he was still around doing LandCruisery things.
Never heard of him. Where is he? Is Kroffat the name of the shop?

Repairs or fix up to paint?
Repairs and paint but not necessarily the whole truck

84C4AB7B-0FB5-4A48-8D2A-BFCE37AFFDFE.jpeg

9522BA94-52C2-4184-A5C0-A1C01987F399.jpeg

E3CF8C16-6EB2-44A0-A771-A3B4FA81F84C.jpeg

C196ACF8-CBE5-4DF5-8EDF-11FB372F8A6E.jpeg

2EE337C6-037A-4B18-934B-3E3288C6A7CC.jpeg

If you find someone good, let me know. Might get some work done to mine in a year or so if I can't find time to get into it myself.

One thing I can say having seen others pay for this work: Good work doesn't come cheap. Getting that fixed right will be thousands.

I’ll let you know how it goes with Richard… he has our Prius. Estimate is $2500-3500 including paint. Plus about $1500 in parts.

He’s an old school body man. I’m optimistic… his quote makes more sense than ICBCs 13k to fix a fender, bumper cover, hood, headlights, radiator, condenser, and radiator mounts. No “frame” damage or damage to the body that I couldn’t straighten with my bare hands (Aside from the hood, bumper cover, and a few tacked in mounts).

You are in full blown DIY territory. This isn't one of the two that just sold up there is it? The only guy
I know who would do that is me. I've got one more side on my 60 to do, and I think I'm done with that.
That is full blown restoration work, and to be honest you are in the many thousands to get it done in a shop.
That beautiful chrome trim has come with a cost. Those inners are done. Start making a list of replacement
panels.

Your frame looks suspicious too! Might want to start at the chassis?

Your frame looks suspicious too! Might want to start at the chassis?
Been there... It's an unfortunate part of owning a land cruiser... frame number 2 is going strong after about 30 years.

Hi, I bought my '87 FJ74 yesterday!
I live in the North Island between Campbell River and Courtenay. Can anyone recommend a local mechanic?
Would that be a BJ74? 13BT and fiberglass top? What do you need done?

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. Yup, the 13BT, and not sure if the top is glass. Guy, i bought it from (i'm know he is on here somewhere), said that the back brakes will probably need to be done.

If you find someone good, let me know. Might get some work done to mine in a year or so if I can't find time to get into it myself.

One thing I can say having seen others pay for this work: Good work doesn't come cheap. Getting that fixed right will be thousands.
IMG_3877.jpeg

Before :(

IMG_5184.jpeg

After. :D

$3500 paint & labour including painting rear spoiler + $1500 parts. New Rad, condenser, bumper cover, grill insert, headlights, replacement rad supports, hood fender, dip stick, rad fans, coolant reservoir, hood latch

Still needs mechanical safety inspection, A/C recharge, and probably a throttle body. Engine throwing a p2111 code (Throttle Actuator Control). $330 from Rock Auto including shipping.

When the dust settles, I’m expecting to have our low mileage car back and $5k to make up for its depreciation from being written off. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
View attachment 3440693
Before :(

View attachment 3440692
After. :D

$3500 paint & labour including painting rear spoiler + $1500 parts.

Still needs mechanical safety inspection, A/C recharge, and probably a throttle body. Engine throwing a p2111 code (Throttle Actuator Control). $330 from Rock Auto including shipping.

When the dust settles, I’m expecting to have our low mileage car back and $5k to make up for its depreciation from being written off. 🤷‍♂️

Good work!!

Good work!!
For comparison, ICBC claimed it would be $13k to repair. I did use some used & aftermarket parts, but I still put in new parts for wear items. The used aluminum hood, for example, should last longer than the rest of the car.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yup, the 13BT, and not sure if the top is glass. Guy, i bought it from (i'm know he is on here somewhere), said that the back brakes will probably need to be done.
So how is this thing running? Rear brakes are a no brainer. Guys got to do this stuff himself or break out the Gold Card!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom