Landcruiser BJ40 1981 Wiring colour diagram required (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
good to find you guys here, and active.
I have the above vehicle and a short at the rear left light cluster. when i indicate it flashes the brake/ running light too. This situation ONLY occurs when i attach a light converter to the mix. If i dont attach it to the five wires...i have no issue. So we are clear...the five wires and converter are for the trailer lights. I have tested stuff out and have found continutity in a couple of places there. PLEASE i need a colour diagram i can trace from front to back and sort this issue.
most cheersly

Link should bring you to a page with Coolerman's Electrical Schematics. Don't know what to say as it works for me.

Hi there again. this wiring loom is giving me issues enough that i want to bypass the trailer 4 pin connector for the trailer (hooked into the loom) cut it back and use a bypass modules, for the trailer. something indipendantly wired. Its 24 volt. any ideas?

It doesn't sound like a short circuit.
It sounds more like a bad ground.

When you turn on your turn signal it comes on with the other lights, but they are all dimmer than usual?

Try adding some photos of what you have in front of you, that will make it easier to help

Bad ground issue is what you have. No diagrams needed.

everything is fine until i attached the 5 into 4 trailer plug converter. signal light goes on with the other one and brake lights. ground issue you say. mmmm.....
I tried wiring the trailer direct without the converter and everything worked, except no brake lights and the trailer. everything on the truck is fine going direct.

This is to convert from normal lights to USA trailer tail lights with no Amber I assume...
Your converter is probably fooked then, so test it with a meter.
Use the diode setting, and test continuity in both directions.

The converter should provide reverse polarity isolation to both the brake and turn signal lines.
When you switch on the left turn signal, you get 12V on the left turn signal wire (Green-Yellow probably), and this should pass through a diode to the left trailer stop light.
When you hit the brakes, 12V is sent through another diode to the same bulb.
It sounds like this diode on your converter is blown.
Does the other side function normally?

Maybe this old sketch helps?

337B2A0A-CD56-4033-A1DD-D2879EFF9DAC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom