Landcruiser 100Series turbo diesel in limp mode shouting "help"! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need an opinion fellows, my hdj100r lakes power when driving(goes to limp mode when engaging the transmission for driving). When stationary the engine performs to perfect and reves to high rpm. 3 Fault codes come back (pics attached), and wouldn't clear. The 3 sensors associated with the fault codes I did replace. Still fault codes wouldn't clear and the problem persists. All the fault codes are related to the air intake pressure and temp. I suspected the turbo, so I cleaned the hoses associated with it and the air cooler and checked the airflow of the turbo, it seems consistent with the rpm with no apparent fault. I also cleaned all the vacuum lines connected to the air intake.
Other fault codes come up after I cleaned the turbo loop system. They only come up when I over rev the engine while stationary, but they do clear after.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
I have a question, if the turbo waste gate is stuck, would it cause these symptoms!
All opinions are highly appreciated.

IMG20230218094316.jpg

IMG20230221174631.jpg

Did you do any new wiring?
How is the wiring integrity? did you check the wires in the Mass air flow sensor fith a multi meter/test light?
Are the parts you used are OEM?

Our Petrol engines also give apps (accelerator paddel position sensor) fault when the sensor is bad, since it is connected to throttle body we replace the entire throttle body. Not familier with the diesel apps

Try checking these threads out:

And here

And here

@OGBeno (or other Mod) can we move this to 24V/diesel so it gets the attention it needs?

Did you do any new wiring?
How is the wiring integrity? did you check the wires in the Mass air flow sensor fith a multi meter/test light?
Are the parts you used are OEM?

Our Petrol engines also give apps (accelerator paddel position sensor) fault when the sensor is bad, since it is connected to throttle body we replace the entire throttle body. Not familier with the diesel apps
Found the problem at last. Its the accelerator pedal. I have ordered one and it is in its way. Every thing you mentioned above was checked. What made it more confusing is I replaced the accelerator pedal position sensor twice and nothing changed. It seems there are problem getting the position sensor to set in a particular position to give the right reading to the ECU ( or I could be wrong). As I tried fiddling with the position on the pedal till I gave up without success. I have tried replacing the whole pedal assembly from a friend of a friend car and the problem gone and the car drove fine full power with plenty of brown smoke from the tail. And two fault codes stayed on and wouldn't clear.
P0100 Air flow meter open.
P0110 Intake Temperature Sensor Syst.
While P1120 cleared.
I am waiting on the Whole accelerator pedal to come from Japan.(As I ordered one from Toyota)- It comes as a complete assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom