kick panel removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so, new to 80's here. found a good thread on fixing my rear defroster and was going to remove the driver kick panel and so my question; do i just unsnap it with a screwdriver? I hate to break it, which I'm really good at.

thanks for your help.

It's just snapped into place with clips - but don't use a screwdriver, get the set of plastic interior panel prying implements that harbor freight sells, or something similar.

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes

the front kick panel is also held with a bolt - just sayin'

so, new to 80's here. found a good thread on fixing my rear defroster and was going to remove the driver kick panel and so my question; do i just unsnap it with a screwdriver? I hate to break it, which I'm really good at. thanks for your help.
you have to remove the foot rest too. It's a 10mm bolt. There is also a little plastic threaded thing that holds the kick panel to the fire wall. You can unscrew it by hand.

the front kick panel is also held with a bolt - just sayin'

It is? Huh. I don't remember one. Aside from the dead pedal next to the driver's kick panel.

you have to remove the foot rest too. It's a 10mm bolt. There is also a little plastic threaded thing that holds the kick panel to the fire wall. You can unscrew it by hand.

/this\

I took the bolt out and the foot thing is all that comes off. the kick panel looks like it's connected to the trim piece that goes all the way across the bottom of the door. there is no "screw thing" on the panel, in fact the panel would pull off except for the trim piece; which is the piece i don't want to break.

I see the plastic prying tool your talking about, I think that will do it. thanks.

IIRC the door sill section is held in place with hidden clips, gently pry it up starting from the front.

Right. And it goes under the edge of the B pillar trim, but will slide right out.

Again i recommend the plastic prying implements. they are wide, thinnish, and non-marring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom