KDSS Valve not covered under Warranty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes they are, I plan to grease them with something but for now I just hit them with pb blaster!

I put marine grease on mine about 6 months ago to keep mine rust-free...super THICK blue stuff from Harbor Freight...and it's still there even after wet, muddy Ouray.

Update: Toyota Autonation Arapahoe still has our truck, and the service advisor is indicating it may not be done even today!

1 week+ for this job makes me think they're having to order specialized tools or something (perhaps to pressurize the system?) to get this done. Either way I suspect they realize they have to get it done and do it right, so I'll bank on this coming back functioning as expected.

Update: Toyota Autonation Arapahoe still has our truck, and the service advisor is indicating it may not be done even today!

1 week+ for this job makes me think they're having to order specialized tools or something (perhaps to pressurize the system?) to get this done. Either way I suspect they realize they have to get it done and do it right, so I'll bank on this coming back functioning as expected.

My understanding is that the KDSS system uses fluid pressures that are INSANELY HIGH...far higher than any other system they would normally deal with. I'm wondering if it requires some sort of tool/machine/pump that most dealers do not even have?

My understanding is that the KDSS system uses fluid pressures that are INSANELY HIGH...far higher than any other system they would normally deal with. I'm wondering if it requires some sort of tool/machine/pump that most dealers do not even have?

Yes, a special tool is required to pressurize the KDSS system. It is my understanding that there are a limited number of these, and they are shipped around to dealers as required/requested.

HTH

No wonder they don't want to replace the valve.

Tremek - Any update on this?

Does anyone have the part number for the KDSS valve? I’ve done some research and it appears that the valve is unique to the LandCruiser (The 4Runner’s KDSS valve is different). Does that make sense?

The valve on my 2016 LC is rusted closed and will not open by any means. My LC is also out of warranty with no extended warranty, so I’m preparing to provide the valve for Toyota to install.

Bummer. I believe based on the superseded part #s that you'll get the newer style valve that might be less prone to seizing.

I have a 2019 and the valves are
440CA438-BACC-4582-873C-B5F4E5CA8AA7.jpeg
hex bolts

Looks like they revised the bolts. My 2015 has flush hex/allen bolts. Luckily, despite being a Northeast truck, mine was and is rust free and I had no issues moving the bolts.

I believe 17 was the last year with the flush Allen screws. The 18 on went to hex bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom