Builds Katit's LX470 2001 restoration/maintenance thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cmon, this sound will flow easier through wires :)
Seriously though - stock wiring is too small.

Let's do some calculations:
I = sqrt(W/R) where W - max RMS, R - speaker impedance
So, I = sqrt(300/2.5) = 10.95

According to this table:

Need ~11ga

Yes, I get it it's Max RMS, etc. But why worry? Not like I will be saving money by using 14Ga cable

Your speakers are that low of an impedance? Mainly easier to work with smaller wire doing that door fish you did. But since you fished that, I should be good to go! Which is good to know!

Your speakers are that low of an impedance?
Yep. Infinity kappas. And amp instructions say to use 13ga. So it’s all good.

How often does it happen to you? Was working on fishing rca and amp turnon wire and noticed blower fan. Aha! I had plan to check what noise it makes. Took it out, there was pine needles and stuff.

Ended up taking it apart for cleaning and lube. Love how Toyota did it. Everything is serviceable!

E1AD460F-D98D-4C3A-A2C2-03F6AF56AB93.jpeg

Yep. Infinity kappas. And amp instructions say to use 13ga. So it’s all good.

How often does it happen to you? Was working on fishing rca and amp turnon wire and noticed blower fan. Aha! I had plan to check what noise it makes. Took it out, there was pine needles and stuff.

Ended up taking it apart for cleaning and lube. Love how Toyota did it. Everything is serviceable!

View attachment 2374166
Stop putting ideas into my head :p. How am I ever going to button up my truck if you keep finding things like that?

Read through your entire thread. I have to applaud you on this whole project 👏🏻👏🏻 I just got an 03 LX470 last week and now you put all these amazing ideas in my head! I’m in the process of baselining everything and going to do all the initial fluids and mechanical things you did to start. Just put on new Fox shocks on today then it’s on to all the maintenance things. Good job. Love your detail. I’ll be following this for sure. I need to do aalllllllll the same things you’re doing. Congrats on the progress so far. Keep it up!!!

Thanks sir, I shall have a look. Does that video get into the stitch type?

Do you have any req's on vinyl type/thickness? I have always assumed vinyl would like to tear out.

I am likely going to try with leather, because I like working with it so much (and I have a ton of the right color on hand), but I will definitely consider vinyl.

If I sent you my wheel, would you restore it? Or are you too swamped?

Congrats on the progress so far. Keep it up!!!

Thanks!

Trust me, I really want to finish it up as soon as I can. I have another Toyota (not a cool one) waiting to be fixed..
Once interior done - it will wrap up engine and interior. But I still have to do all suspension, axles, rack, etc. Don't know if it's happening in 2020. Plan to drive truck for some time after interior assembled.

Read through your entire thread. I have to applaud you on this whole project 👏🏻👏🏻 I just got an 03 LX470 last week and now you put all these amazing ideas in my head! I’m in the process of baselining everything and going to do all the initial fluids and mechanical things you did to start. Just put on new Fox shocks on today then it’s on to all the maintenance things. Good job. Love your detail. I’ll be following this for sure. I need to do aalllllllll the same things you’re doing. Congrats on the progress so far. Keep it up!!!
I love the start of this thread until what it has become. My lx dream ambitions on steroids. Well done!

Back to my truck :)

Finally got carpet back in. It took 2 boxes of Noico to take care of floor and ceiling.
Part numbers to replace those carpet hooks and for rubber "damperners" in center console cover. Now I don't have this annoying play in top cover. However! there is 2 more between bottom cover which I need to replace, have some play in them. Next time I order parts I gues..

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

WOW, as usual. You did all that with 72 sq feet of Noico?

Let us know if the difference is drastic, i feel like my LX is quiet enough, wondering if doing this is overkill and worth the effort, it is a butt ton of work for sure.

Yep. Got 3 boxes thinking what the heck, let’s see what happens. 2 boxes and half of sheet from 3rd what it took so far. Hopefully I have enough to do doors. Would go bankrupt with Dynamat

Let us know if the difference is drastic, i feel like my LX is quiet enough, wondering if doing this is overkill and worth the effort, it is a butt ton of work for sure.
Yes, this is more of experiment for me. I will report. I think doors will make biggest difference. Seeing how rear wheel arches were bare it’s got to help

With pretty much everything in interior looking great - I had only one problem. Driver door panel. Thanks to @ClassyJalopy - got replacement panel. Bottom was beat up, no problem. Little surgery and I got nice panel. Someone liked to touch handle and ride with elbow on a window. Now It looks great!

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

Its used piece, I bought another panel and took dark parts off it

I could recover them, but it would be all 4 doors, lots of work. Glad I found those

I have a LC. Do you think the Leather covered Armrests/Pulls would fit? They look the same. Mine turned to Goo. The Rubber broke down fro heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom