Just when you think you are safe.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Just the other day I was thinking I should go scorpion hunting again. Well I didn't go soon enough! One finally got me twice to boot. But in the end he is dead and I have another trophy...***'r.

Let me back up a little...last year I purchased a scorpion light (not to be confused with a black light) and went to war with the little f'rs and I must of taken out 150. Thinking that every one I take out is one more I don't need to worry about. This year I started early taking out around 75 to the point I was finding myself go way deep into the yard to Seek, Find, and Kill! I was good and my system was getting perfected. It was getting difficult to find them so I backed off. Definitely noticed the change only seeing one in the house this year. In previous years we have found and killed as many as 20 in the house.

Tonight I stepped out of my office door and felt the hit and looked down only to see the coward making a run for it. No problem I get your ass...later. When into the house and grabbed the Extractor to see if would help with the sting. The Extractor does not help with the pain so I'm off for a rematch. Within 1 minute I locate him and took pride in watching him suffer as I have done with many of his family members in the past.

I plan to resume my assault in the up coming weeks even though the season is coming to an end.

The first picture is of my dead opponent, the second are the 2 hits he got on my big toe.

scorpion.JPG

toe bite email.JPG

damn dude - i was thinking there was something seriously wrong with your toe. until i realized that it was upside down. then it made sense, it's just ugly. :D

Oh, lemme guess- you can't do any work this week? Ain't gonna work my friend. Delegate or something. :D

-Spike

I am also a veteran of the great "Scorpion Wars". I am very fortunate to never have experienced the "Sting" of defeat (knock on wood). The last house I lived in with my parents had them, my first house had them, and now my second house does aswell. I've never strayed into their territory to hunt them, rather I just defend my territory to the best of my ability. I hear alcohol and aspirin help with the pain.

Keep up the good fight.

Death to the little buggers!!! I NEED to get one of those light Phil. I've killed 3 good sized ones in the last month. 2 were in my room and one was on the back porch. ***'rs

Last one tagged me on the arch, couldn't walk on it for two days. We are killing an average of two a week in the house this year. I think Kevin is the one who turned me onto this light.

7305k.jpg

sk3.jpg

I have an especially feisty ***'r in a mason jar on the counter right now. Caught him in the yard last week. I have a small fishermans blacklight that I use in the yard occasionaly. I need one of those pissed off scorp lights though. I have been finding an average of 5-10 /year since moving in 6 years ago. The first 2 years however were full with 2-3 per month and often 2-3 /week. Glad that's over now.

Time to go home and shake the jar around just to get that little s***head all riled up.

Cool light. I tried that website, but can't seem to find that light. Any ideas were else one could get one?

Thanks

WOW - I have lived in AZ for 10 years now, mostly in Chandler / Tempe, and too this day have never seen a scorpion.

WOW - I have lived in AZ for 10 years now, mostly in Chandler / Tempe, and too this day have never seen a scorpion.

Yur not lookin hard enuf, dude:hillbilly::flipoff2:
Gotta git won of them there cool lites.:idea:

Ditto. Lived here for 45 yrs now and have never had one in my home. Granted I have had one in a plexi cube at work for about 3yrs. now as a pet, but on a personal note I have never seen one in any home nor property I've ever lived in/on. Believe me I look. Must be a eastside thing or maybe a replant/ snowbird thing, but for this native Arizonan I haven't been bothered. It could be we westside homies have scared the little critters to the east side for all you wannabie poser bada$$es to deal with.:flipoff2:

Yo WES-siii-oyd dog represent!:cool:

BTW sorry 'bout your run in there LCP.:eek:

Last edited:
I'm a native arizonian also, Tucson originally and I hardly ever run into these guys. I heard they like to crawl around fallen palm tree limbs, which I occasionally have a few in my front yard, and I have yet to see them.

I have heard that they like to live under couches in the foothills in Tucson. I had friends that found a ton of them when they moved... ugh!

:confused: what's wrong with using chemistry :confused:

Must be a eastside thing or maybe a replant/ snowbird thing, but for this native Arizonan I haven't been bothered. It could be we westside homies have scared the little critters to the east side for all you wannabie poser bada$$es to deal with.:flipoff2:

Oh com'on. I've been out here for most of my 32 years and all but about six months of that was on the west side. I guess you two have never lived in a newer home or near the base of a mountain. I kill two or three every time I clean my garage.

I grew up here also, never saw the ***r's when I was younger.
My house was built in 70 and when they started tearing up desert to put in new houses nearby, we started to get them.

Pest control does not work Claudia. We've been getting our house sprayed monthly for a few years. Scorpions just don't care.

If you've got a gap the size of a credit card in your house, they can get inside. I've used a product called Talstar (Bifenthrin) with some success, usually just flushes them out of all the cracks and crevices. That one in my hand was still alive, but paralyzed.

Bwarde, try this link, third one from the bottom. Model 395nM @ $9.

www.LEDwholesalers.com

Phil, have you tried the shock treatment? 9v battery or a pezo starter from a grill, 'spose to neutralize the poison. (Maybe I should have brought that up yesterday:eek:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom