Just got my Okoles today -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't believe Dan was at 83 posts.

I can't believe B never posted those pictures... I've heard the story several times, never saw the proof.

Back on topic...I've never heard good things about Okoles. I hear that they look good at first, but I understand that they wear terrible and are too much buck-for-the-bang. Henry C. had a set...hated them, I believe. :cheers:

Back off topic...

As said before, the mental image is better than the pictures.

And *now* we find out that Eric:
1. Bought a truck with cloth seats,
2. Re-covered the seats with leather.
3. Covered the leather with Wet Oklees
4. Removed neoprene, and covered with Cabelas.

No wonder he doesn't have a GF, he's fawkin' crazy. :D

-B-

Mr Jungle is, of course, entitled to the dubious award for reviving a ONE YEAR OLD THREAD :flipoff2: for no apparent reason.

Cdan, it's concrete, not mr. jungle! :D Just kidding, actually yesterday i was tired of reading the same posts over and over, nothing interesting in chat, so i clicked on the last page of the board and found some humerous stuff back there. Then ran accross this thread which i had intrest in. :cheers:

Other than the heat issue (which i seem to have with the leather; if it's sunny and warm, the leather makes me sweat), i guess you could get the black and grey ones or all black to keep the dirt down. Plus with having a dog and camping, taking them out and spraying them off seems nice (even if it takes an hour or so).

[quote author=concretejungle link=board=2;threadid=2225;start=msg135788#msg135788 date=1081514850]
Other than the heat issue (which i seem to have with the leather; if it's sunny and warm, the leather makes me sweat), i guess you could get the black and grey ones or all black to keep the dirt down. Plus with having a dog and camping, taking them out and spraying them off seems nice (even if it takes an hour or so).
[/quote]
FYI- I hear the dark colors fade relatively quickly, which doesn't look to great :( Can't see spending that kind of money for 'em. Pretty easy to take a cloth or codura cover off and throw it in the washer, especially if they dont take an hour to remove/replace :)

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=2225;start=msg135702#msg135702 date=1081482520]

Back off topic...

As said before, the mental image is better than the pictures.

1. Bought a truck with cloth seats,
2. Re-covered the seats with leather.
3. Covered the leather with Wet Oklees
4. Removed neoprene, and covered with Cabelas.

No wonder he doesn't have a GF, he's fawkin' crazy. :D

-B-
[/quote]

Haha, B -- Well, I've LEARNED with my ARB bar --

1. Bought an ARB bar that the PO painted red,
2. Burned and blasted the finish off.
3. Baked a powdercoat on
4. Dropped the temp on the bake by 1/2 and clearcoated the ARB

Tonight I go out with a fellow rescuer who also has taught aerobics for the past 18 years --

-- I'm already worked up and it ain't even lunch-time -- !!

;)

e

[quote author=firetruck41 link=board=2;threadid=2225;start=msg135794#msg135794 date=1081516520]
FYI- I hear the dark colors fade relatively quickly, which doesn't look to great :( Can't see spending that kind of money for 'em. Pretty easy to take a cloth or codura cover off and throw it in the washer, especially if they dont take an hour to remove/replace :)
[/quote]

I agree with this SO much -- they sent all this conditioner and UV junk along with the covers -- WTF -- the last thing I want to be doing is conditioning my seat covers --

-- now if your talking my leather seat covers, that's another story --

:)

eric

[quote author=firetruck41 link=board=2;threadid=2225;start=msg135794#msg135794 date=1081516520]
[/quote]

I would ditch the Okole idea and invest in some decent crates -- much safer, more peace of mind, and chicks dig 'em --

:cheers:

Yeah, but did you powdercoat it a slightly different shade of red? If not, then it's not the same as the seat cover fiasco.

-B-

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=2225;start=msg135935#msg135935 date=1081530952]

Yeah, but did you powdercoat it a slightly different shade of red? If not, then it's not the same as the seat cover fiasco.

-B-
[/quote]

haha -- i should stick with my pastel bathroom painting hobby --

;)

e

You are a strange bird, my man.

:cheers:

-- my suggestion would be to try the Cabela's $60 slip covers ($60 for 2 rows) -- I love 'em -- durable, come on and off easily, and not hot --)

Eric you said cabelas has covers for you 91?
And they fit the rear seats? They are two piece so the seats can still fold forward?
Can you send a part number or link on their sight?
Thanks always enjoy your posts.
Steven

hey steven!

here they are -- http://tinyurl.com/5qez5 -- the combo-pack is $60 still -- they're very easy on and off -- they are not waterproof though --

-- at gtcovers.com, i got cruiser close-out covers for my front and middles -- the endura (backpack) stuff, NOT the cloth -- i had the cloth in my civic and thought they were junk -- i stuck to them and had problems getting in and out of the car (an no, i'm not obese!) -- returned 'em for the endura ones -- they just plain fit better, too --

-- make sure to call gtcovers for their availability on the close-outs though -- they're not all advertised ont he web --

:D

e

Thanks Eric
I called Gt but no unadvertized specials, but I like the Gt's alot more. They are now on my list for the wife at Christmass. Even though they are really for me, If I have tree frogs embrodered on the corners she'll love em, I only let her think it's her truck. :rolleyes:
But seriously I need to do something to protect the rear seat from the dust/horse/dog/dirt//food/drink/mud/fish slime/clam slime covered, just gross kids. Thanks for the tip. :flipoff2:
Steven

i would for certain go with the gts -- they are bullet-proof, fit like a charm, and are good looking -- the cabelas are just temporary --

-- i left my sunroof opened when it rained and the GTs accumulated puddles of water in them, they're so waterproof --

e

This thread reminds me of the movie "Ground hog day"

We just keep coming back and back and back.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom