Jumping out of first gear under load… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently I’ve gotten my 82 FJ 40 running good and with the weather getting better here in Saudi I’ve been taking it for longer runs. On a recent trip I was going down a steep bank in first gear and as the revs came up it jumped out of gear. It has since done it a couple times.

clutch is good, no other drive train issues, any thoughts? Do I need a tranny rebuild?

Any help appreciate, Cheers!

What's the mileage? Aren't there like ball detents that hold it in the gear - maybe the old spring are getting weak or there is crud build up not letting the ball fully seat. Linkage inside worn some. I think the drain plug has a magnet, how skuzzy is it?

What's the mileage? Aren't there like ball detents that hold it in the gear - maybe the old spring are getting weak or there is crud build up not letting the ball fully seat. Linkage inside worn some. I think the drain plug has a magnet, how skuzzy is it?
Honest answer, I have no clue, most likely 200k plus mileage as it is a Saudi rig and they used them as intended 😉 thanks for the tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom