July ROTM - Mount Ord (1 Viewer)

Which run do you want to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRIP REPORT

Ok finally had time to get my photos together and whatnot, it's been a busy few weeks at work. So here we go...

• We met at Chevron (One Taco, Seven 80s, One 100 series)
  • Caravaned up the hill started the trail on the back end of Mt. Ord (FS 27 / Slate Creek)
    • Elevation Start: 3226.9'
    • Elevation End: 7086.2'
    • 6.94 miles
  • Took a couple hours, with some stops for scenic views and truck photos
  • Stopped at top of Mt. Ord for some lunch, good conversation, and a hike to the fire tower (Mt Ord fire tower at 102' is one of the tallest in the state and the tallest with a 14'x14' cab)
  • Some people left but 4 of us stayed and camped, the weather was perfect (I think it got down to 67 degrees @LandCruiserPhil correct me if I am wrong), we had great food and some laughs and absolutely no tequila was involved
  • Return trip was an easy dirt road (FS 626)
    • From top top parking spot to hwy 87 - (4100') total 5.4 miles
Here are some pictures I took, overall a great run that's not too far and a good spot to get away from the heat. I hope to go up and camp again sometime in August if anyone is interested in going.

Climbing up the back.
IMG_3339.JPG

IMG_3342.JPG

Sections of FS 27
IMG_3352.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

View from Campsite
IMG_3366.JPG

Nice ROTM report a favorite trail of mine.
One correction, should read absolutely no tequila involved was brought home:D

Attention CSC members - Make your name live for ever with club and head the adoption of this scenic trail. This would make a great father - son/daughter project setting it up. Think about, years from now your son or daughter running the same trail telling their friends my dad and I ....Contact me if you are interested.

Jeez, even the dog matches :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom