July ROTM - Mount Ord (1 Viewer)

Which run do you want to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How long is this run? I have to be back home by around 1:30 for a 2:00 meeting. I'd probably have to be off the trail and on 87 by 12:00 as it's a little over an hour home from that point. Thanks for any input.

How long is this run? I have to be back home by around 1:30 for a 2:00 meeting. I'd probably have to be off the trail and on 87 by 12:00 as it's a little over an hour home from that point. Thanks for any input.

The total run is estimated 3-4 hours. So once we finish FS 27 (the first part of the route) the rest is easy dirt road. Assuming we are on schedule and nothing dramatic happens you should have no problem hitting the road by noon.

Ok excellent. Thank you. Will have to miss the lunch hang out but be great to get out again.

Thanks for all the replies... I'll be at there at the BAJA station this Saturday... I plan to bug out as well.

BTW - from what I can tell this trail is a dirt road with switch backs... about a 1 out of 4, is this right?

I will be in attendance.

Zona

Thanks for all the replies... I'll be at there at the BAJA station this Saturday... I plan to bug out as well.

BTW - from what I can tell this trail is a dirt road with switch backs... about a 1 out of 4, is this right?

I think a 2 to 3 out of 4 in some parts, mostly a 2. We are heading up Mt. Ord the back way, not the front. You might want to get a few more opinion but yes, a lot of switch backs.

Zona

You will be fine very little to no chance for damage unless you drive off the trail. :eek:
Some pucker factor being on a shelf road but plenty wide for a full size vehicle. A couple off camber spots, again you will be fine.
thumb.gif

It has been run by the club a couple times, search if interested.

I will be going, not sure if I am camping Friday or Saturday. I will either be at Baja or the trailhead on Saturday morning.

Should be there, but will not be able to camp.

If the elevation on top is the saMe as Flagstaff where the temps are 83/51,

I could live with that :D

If the elevation on top is the saMe as Flagstaff where the temps are 83/51,

I could live with that :D

I thought I would be living with that already.:bang:

On the fence but thinking of making this run. Would be in the 4Runner again as I haven't been up north since the May run.:(

I thought I would be living with that already.:bang:

When you do get settled in, I need to know what mile marker on the Lake Mary rd to honk at...Maybe you might hear it from the porch.;)

When you do get settled in, I need to know what mile marker on the Lake Mary rd to honk at...Maybe you might hear it from the porch.;)

Should be well settled by this time next year. But even with good hearing I wouldn't hear anywhere on FH3. Meet up for meal at Long Valley Cafe could be arranged.

Sold, would like to shake your hand if not on the trail before.

I'm still in but do have to change my plans. My meeting moved up a little so I'm going to be up and running it early. Hope to be hitting the trail around 7:00. Sorry won't be with you guys but have to make this happen for my boys.

That was a sweet run. I haven't gotten to do a lot but that one from the get go has some pretty great technical spots, for me anyway. Even used the lockers a few times. I'm sure the group will have some great pics, still wish I could have been able to go with the crew. I'll get some of my own pics up later too. I had my son shoot some video I'll try to get up too. Nothing amazing, pics and vid don't do the trail justice anyway. Very fun for us. Highly recommended.

Oh and pinstriping was abundant, all worth it though.

Last edited:
Thank you Taco Charlie for putting this on today, great run. I should've gone straight at the fork but ended up at the other end of Mt. Ord! We had a great time.

Zona
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom