Events/Trails March 2024 ROTM - March 23-24 - Bradberry Cabin Loop/Chimney Rock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Threads
NOTE: Almost this entire post is a copy of Abigail's April 2023 ROTM Thanks @Abigail !! It was such an awesome run that it deserves a repeat!

!!!!IMPORTANT!!!! Each vehicle needs to have your updated State Land Trust Permit for this run as we do cross Trust Land!! It's $15 for a year permit and it's something you should have anyway, you can get it here, it's a 2 min process https://asld.secure.force.com/recreationalpermit/

Mark your calendars for the March 2024 ROTM Run of the Month! This run will take place northeast of Tucson, see below for more details! Thanks to @Stepmurr for sharing his vast knowledge of this area.

When: Saturday, March 23 to Sunday, March 24

MEETUP DETAILS: 9:30 AM at Oracle, AZ Circle K gas station
2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 2000 W American Ave · 2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 - https://goo.gl/maps/cvYXuWds2ivoNmWy9
After gassing up meet in the adjacent dirt lot. We will plan to pull out of the gas station by 9:45 AM sharp!

The meetup spot is about a 2-hour drive from the Phoenix Valley, so plan accordingly.

About the run:

This is one of the most scenic routes I've run if you are a fan of Sonoran desert flora: thick "forests" of saguaros, cholla, ocotillo, and more. The hope is we will hit this area at a prime time for spring desert blooms! The trail is a loop and we will plan to make it to Bradberry Cabin for lunch (plan to bring your own) before continuing on to finish the loop.

The trail was fairly stocker friendly last year. I would recommend at minimum rock rails/sliders, especially if you are not an "experienced" off-road driver.

This will be organized as a day trip, and we will finish up with plenty of time to head back to the Valley or Tucson. For those interested, there will be a group camping Saturday night at Chimney Rock or thereabouts (as Chimney Rock area is reportedly blocked off). Feel free to join us!

We will be using HAM for trail communications. It is highly recommended, even if you are unlicensed, you should carry a handheld HAM radio for listening purposes. There will be a few drivers with GMRS, if you have that as an option.

Last year, we broke into two groups given the large number of vehicles. Depending on attendance this year, we'll plan on the same thing.

If you plan to attend, please chime in below!

Attendees:

1: @Otter
2: @brices123
3: @TheGrrrrr
4: @Saddletramp
5: @JORSOF
6: @Abigail
7: @GreatBigFat
8: @lxraider75
9: @verruckt1
10: @GeoEng
11: @cruisenoob

Last edited:
do you think I'd make it with 31s and no lift? i have a 2001 Montero, it's similar to a 4runner.

I think so cause you have a short wheelbase

do you think I'd make it with 31s and no lift? i have a 2001 Montero, it's similar to a 4runner.
Its easier then the last run you were on

Last time I went, there was a fire that burned and blackened everything East of the cabin (and right up to it).:eek:
Think this was taken September '23

DSC_0532.JPG

DSC_0534.JPG

Only if the transfer case shifter works! :rofl:
Too soon?
Just kidding.

you are aware chimney rock has been completely closed off with no access down into any of the rocks right

Thanks @Stepmurr

We can maybe see about an alternate spot

I'm in! 🌵

I will be more than likely working that day, but Buehman Canyon could be an alternate campsite, and close by.

Oh man, this is on the same week as Luke Airforce Airshow. I'm going to have to miss this run since I'm going to the airshow on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom