JULY 22- 24 Hurricane Creek/Weaver's Bend Planning Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will be just me, I will volunteer for the hamburgers and hotdogs. Will also plan to bring plates, napkins and utensils. Will bring firewood also.

Also just me this time. I am bringing firewood and no preference on the route. Only bee there once so it is all new to me.
I can also bring fixins for dinner and burgers.

I updated the original post and added the number of people in each rig. Looks like we have 15 so far!
Should be a great trip!

Last edited:
Also just 1 in my truck. My only preference for the route is no sliders or lift required. I'd really like to meet the group at or near the trailhead so that I don't need to take all of Friday off from work. I'll bring firewood and can bring whatever else is needed for Saturday meal.

Nathan and I are planning to make this trip. We will bring some firewood. We'll bring some bacon and a dozen eggs for breakfast and our little griddle. We can bring shredded cheese, sour cream and a jar of salsa for the Mexican dinner. If there is specific food (condiments, etc.) that we need, let me know and I will bring it.

My co pilot, Tracie, is handling the food for us. Here is what she picked up…

“I have stuff for s’mores. Kind bars, Rees’s cups, coffee, plates and accoutrements, potatoes, onion, cheese, sausage, paper towels, wipes, butter, also gonna make an egg free potato salad. That’s in addition to the potatoes I got. Tortilla chips, green chiles. Lol
Thought I’d throw together some Chilaquiles to have for dinner or breakfast.”

I’ll have a Coleman gas stove with skillet, a dutch oven, a grill grate, a coffee percolator, and a plastic table among other items that we can use as a group.

Looks like most food items are accounted for….maybe I can pack my fridge with beverages for everyone. Not sure what everyone’s preferences are but I’ll scoop up some bottles of water and cold beers. Any drink requests from anyone, let me know. They drink better out of ice but I’m not running a cooler. We can drink from the fridge or just transfer them your cooler of choice.

@amay3 is the only one that has not confirmed.
I have a table and a stove. We will need utensils, ketchup, mayo mustard hot dog bread and burger bread. Maybe tomato onion and lettuce if someone want to add that to de burgers.
Breakfast and lunch is on each one. We normally cook together but each bring what they think the can eat.

Dave had to cancel hos trip. @roadstr6. If any one can pick up his part of the Saturday meal. We still have not decided the route. Preference doing hc first day going in or on Sunday getting out?

Dave had to cancel hos trip. @roadstr6. If any one can pick up his part of the Saturday meal. We still have not decided the route. Preference doing hc first day going in or on Sunday getting out?
I can bring bacon, eggs, shredded cheese, sour cream, and a jar of salsa, but I do not have a griddle for breakfast. Although if someone has a fridge they might want to hold onto the sour cream for us as I just have an ice chest. I'm good either way but could be a fun way to end of the trip.

I can bring bacon, eggs, shredded cheese, sour cream, and a jar of salsa, but I do not have a griddle for breakfast. Although if someone has a fridge they might want to hold onto the sour cream for us as I just have an ice chest. I'm good either way but could be a fun way to end of the trip.
We can cook breakfast on the Coleman, Dutch oven, or camp fire and @Roxx has a stove as well. I’ll have a fridge as well, we can work out those details when we meet.

I have no preference on doing HC in or out since I’ve never been there. I’ll defer to those who have experience in the area.

I’m bringing a small two burner Coleman as well. We should be good on cooking tops. I don’t have a fancy flat top/griddle though.

I have to finish putting my 80 back together by Friday which should not be an issue.
So I am in.

Sorry about skipping out on this. I cannot seem to find anyone to cover for me at work on Friday.
Dont worry. Now we are really getting lost. We will be doing some overlanding. Bring your gas guys!!

I will have room in my fridge for whatever is needed. I also am bringing a coleman stove

I will have a fridge and a cooler for drinks. Is it going to be hotter than normal

I think we can do high way 26 to 25 and spend the night on a camp site at weavers bend. Leave the river around 1 and head to max patch if someone want to climb. From there we can go to wolf creek fall. That hopefully is available to camp and if not we can camp at the pay camping place about 30 min away. Bring change just in case. Sunday we can do what ever but try to stay close to hurricane creek so we can go out that way. Our last gas station will be by hot springs. There is a cool trail that the group before us hit back in may Del probably knows where that is. We can fine tune the plans on friday during lunch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom